June 2, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Dare to be Creative today announced the release of Dragoman 1.0, a universal batch file conversion utility for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard.
Dragoman is a utility application that batch converts images, photos, PDFs, music and archive files using a graphical drag and drop interface. It converts popular image file formats including JPEG, PDF, TIFF and PNG, as well as widespread music and archive file formats.
Batch conversion made easy:
Dragoman offers a lightweight drag and drop interface where users drag the files they want to convert into the application, pick a new format and drag the converted files back out again. The interface was kept lean to make it quicker and easier for users to work together with Finder when converting a large number of files. To allow users to work seamlessly with Dragoman right from the start, the interface was designed to blend closely and unobtrusively into the Mac environment.
Convert images, photos, music, archives:
Dragoman converts a large number of popular image, photo, music, sound, archive and zip file formats. The popular image and photo formats supported by Dragoman include JPEG, PNG, PDF and TIFF, for example allowing users to convert their favorite holiday photos. The supported music and audio file formats include Microsoft WAVE, Macintosh SND, and Sun Microsystems AU. For archives Dragoman converts Rar, 7zip, StuffIt, DMG and industry-standard Zip, so that users can for instance share StuffIt files with Windows users by converting them to Zip.
Save time on the Desktop:
Designed to increase user productivity, Dragoman converts files quickly with its fast, lightweight and highly optimized conversion engine, with a progress bar reporting steadily to the user how many of the files have already been converted. The help system provides fast and easy access to important information, dressed in a familiar look and feel.
Key features in a nutshell:
* Batch converts image, photo, music, sound and archive files
* Handles the popular image formats PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, PostScript, EPS, JPEG-2000 (JP2), GIF, PSD, ICNS, Windows Bitmap (BMP), PICT, SGI and TGA files
* Handles common archive and zip formats: Rar, StuffIt, 7zip, DMG, Gzip, Bzip2 and industry-standard, Winzip-compatible Zip
* Handles widespread music, audio and sound file formats: AIFF, Microsoft WAVE, Macintosh SND, Sun Microsystems AU, Apple Core Audio (CAF), Creative Labs Audio Files (VOC), Raw Audio Data (RAW), Sound Designer II (SD2), and many more
* Supports multi-page PDF and TIFF documents
* Progress bar that reports on the current status of the file conversions
* Universal file converter tool
* Built-in, automatic self updates, with which users are automatically informed of the newest releases and given the option to download the latest release with a single button click.
* Planned extensions to convert video, HTML and source code files
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
Dragoman is $39 USD, and available as a free download from the Dragoman website. It runs initially in a 10-day trial mode with all features active. This is the first release.
Located in Vienna, Austria, Dare to be Creative Ltd. is a software forgery founded in 2006 by a group of Mac enthusiasts. The Dare to be Creative team focuses exclusively on developing utility applications for Mac OS X designed to save valuable time while being enjoyable and easy to use. The current portfolio includes a) iArchiver, an archiving and file compression utility, b) iCombiner, a tool to combine images and PDF files into single PDF documents, c) Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, and d) Dragoman, a batch file converter for image, music and archive files. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2008 Dare to be Creative Ltd. / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.