February 11, 2011 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Paris, France - Park Lane Editions today is pleased to announce the release of Myanmar - Burma HD 1.0 for iPad, a pictorial journey application that explores in text and pictures the breathtaking historical sites in Myanmar - also named Burma, in Southeast Asia. The app includes hundreds of HD photos in ten chapters, Wikipedia links for more information, a thumbnail gallery, maps of Burma, a favorites Library, and tips on travel and hotel.
Myanmar - Burma HD, a new application for Apple IPad suggests that you discover some of the most beautiful historical sites in Myanmar. This App is just perfect to prepare a trip in Burma, for art lovers, or for anyone who wants to discover places of amazing beauty through hundreds of HD pictures.
In this journey to Myanmar - also called Burma - you will discover Rangoon, the Shwedagon Pagoda - one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Southeast Asia - and Bagan, the ancient city of 2000 temples! Myanmar is unfortunately ruled by a military regime, but we must not allow that to let us forget the kindness of Burmeses and the incredible beauty of Burma's landscapes and temples. This App is a tribute to Burmese people, their fight for democracy, and to the amazing beauty of the country.
Myanmar - Burma HD include ten chapters:
* Shwedagon Pagoda
* Governor's Residence
* Yangon - Rangoon
* Bagan Temples
* New bagan Village
* Irrawaddy River
* Bagan People
* Bagan Hotel
* Thanatar Gate Hotel
* Old Maps
The app functions in both portrait and landscape orientations, and has two modes of operation. In standard mode a translucent menu bar remains onscreen, which contains the Favorites, Menu, Map, Diaporama, and Gallery buttons, as well as the title of each chapter and a Wikipedia link. Photos remain onscreen indefinitely and the swipe gesture moves the viewer forward or backward. Users may zoom in by means of the standard two-finger spread gesture. In Diaporama (diorama + panorama) mode the menu bar disappears, and each chapter is displayed as a slide show, with photos onscreen 5 seconds each.
* Hundreds of HD pictures and text in English or French
* Wikipedia links for each picture for more infos on each chapter
* Menu for instant access to each chapter
* Image gallery to select pictures of a chapter
* Maps of Burma, Yangon (Rangoon) and Bagan
* Selection of favorite pictures
* A special "How to go?" section with travel infos and a selection of best hotels
* Slide show mode
* Hundreds of original, color photographs in HD
* A stunning coffee table book for iPad of the stunning beauty of Burma historical sites and magnificent temples
* Easy navigation using swipe, slideshow, or thumbnail functions
* In-app connectivity with Wikipedia for additional information on each photo
* A special "How to Go" section with travel and hotel tips
* US English and French
* Compatible with iPad
* iOS 4.2 or later
* 5.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Asia Treasures - Shwedagon Pagoda 1.0 is $1.99 USD or 1.59 Euro and available worldwide through the App Store in the Travel category. Review copies and iTunes promo code for a free download of the App are available upon request.
Park Lane Editions, Ltd. is a British company specializing in products for Apple iOS and OS X. Copyright (C) 2011 Park Lane Editions. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.