February 16, 2011 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Sofia, Bulgaria - Independent developer Antoan Tateosian is pleased to announce today ProAlarm 1.1 for iOS, an update to his alarm clock app that features 11 different digital and analog clock styles, and the option to wake up to the sound or music of an alarm. Immediately following the alarm, the app offers 5 different puzzle and problem solving games to help clear the mind of sleepiness. In addition, nearly 1,000 quotes encourage the user to start the day with a smile and hope. Fully customizable, the user may choose from over 20 different alarm sounds including relaxing, amusing, and irritating. Other features include: snooze alarm, music sampler wake up, iOS 4 multitasking background operation, brightness control, go to sleep listening to music timer, volume and vibration controls, daily alarm settings, and multiple alarms per week.
ProAlarm has been featured in Apple's "What's Hot" and "New and Noteworthy" listings, and has entered in top 100 utility apps in over 30 countries.
With a superabundance of optional features and settings, ProAlarm enables thousands of different setup combinations. To begin, the app includes a variety of professionally designed clock displays, including six Analog Clocks (Cosmic Light, Jolly, Marvelous Purple, Black Silk, Blue Dream, and Lila), three Digital Flip Clocks where the digits flip over (Grey Classic, Disco Brown, and Disco Purple), and two LCD Display Clocks (Calming Green, and Abstract). All 11 clocks may be set with the following options set on/off: Show Seconds, 24 Hour Clock, and Show Day of the Week.
When setting an alarm, the user may also choose from the following General parameters: Time (exact time to the minute, AM or PM), Name of the Alarm (e.g. Weekday Morning), Repeat Days (Custom days, Everyday, Weekends, Workdays, Never), Snooze (2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes, Off), and Vibration on/off. The Alarm Sound options include: Sound (Cuckoo, Psycho Dance, Baby Laugh, Electricity, Techno Dream, Beam, Jungle Soundscape, Alarm, Cat, Frantic Fun, Small Waterfall, Siren, Rooster, Mad Cow, Road Trip, Canary, Wind Chimes, Calm Sea, Drippy Rain, Uphill Climb, Cartoon, and Old Phone), or Music (from the iTunes Music Library). Volume and fade-in duration may be set independently. Also, the user can turn on Music Mixing - a unique feature which plays random parts of the chosen songs and allows waking up to multiple songs.
ProAlarm has its own assortment of five different games (Calculations, Meteors, Bricks, Memorize Objects, and Paths) specifically designed to help the recently sleeping user awaken. There are four levels of difficulty (Easy, Normal, Hard, and I Must Wake Up!) and the choice of games may be set or randomized. Highly effective in helping to gauge one's clarity of mind, these games are amusing and effective mental exercises.
* Choose games to play when the alarm goes off (or choose a random game)
* Specify game difficulty, including an extra hard difficulty level to absolutely wake up
* Supports setting of multiple alarms
* Choose songs and playlists from your iPod library as alarm
* Music mixing plays random parts of chosen songs and gracefully dissolves between them, allowing waking up to multiple songs
* Collection of almost 1,000 great quotes to read (when an alarm stops) to start the new day with smile and hope
* Customizable sound/music fade in time
* More than 20 built-in alarm sounds, including relaxing, amusing, and irritating
* Customizable snooze time
* Customizable repeat days
* Vibration on/off (iPhone only)
* Adjust the alarm volume, even while alarm is playing
* Skip to previous/next song while the alarm is activated/playing
* Alarm will ring/play even when the device is locked and/or in silent mode
* iOS 4 compatible - the application will play a short sound even if it is not the active application
* Calculations - solve a given equation
* Meteors - tap meteors from low to high
* Bricks - count the number of bricks
* Memorize Objects - memorize a set of objects and tap them in the correct order
* Paths - follow a given path
* Additional games will be a free update
* Three professionally designed types of clocks (analog, flip, and LCD), each with multiple colors, supporting both portrait and landscape orientations
* Built-in multi-color flashlight, utilizing iPhone 4's LED flash
* Brightness adjustment
* Custom auto-lock timers
* 12/24 hour modes
* Customizable show seconds
* Customizable show day of the week
* Displays alarm setting (tap the ring at the upper left corner to hide/show it)
* Additional clock styles will be available as a free update
* Set a timer, hit Play, and fall asleep as the music fades away
"With so many alarm clock apps available, I have been very gratified by the overwhelmingly positive response to ProAlarm," commented the developer. "There are many free upgrades to come, with additional games, clocks, and features."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4 tested)
* 17.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ProAlarm 1.1 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Utilities category. With over 30,000 downloads so far, the app will be increased in price when 40,000 downloads are reached. ProAlarm Lite is available free of charge.
Antoan Tateosian is an independent software developer whose passion for the iOS platform is only exceeded by his aim to craft incredibly useful software, with a focus on total customer satisfaction. Based in Sofia, Bulgaria, Antoan works as an iPad developer. Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Antoan Tateosian. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.