February 22, 2011 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Kent, United Kingdom - Paul Gee today is pleased to announce the release of WhoNews 1.8 for the iPhone and iPod touch devices. WhoNews collates the latest news on Doctor Who, Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures from over 30 of the top Doctor Who websites every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day. This is coupled with a built in DVD & Blu ray, Games, Books and CD price comparison tool that tracks down the lowest prices for Doctor Who related goods from the top internet retailers.
WhoNews keeps the user up to speed with latest news on the Doctor's adventures in time and space. With WhoNews the user is guaranteed to know the latest news and gossip on the world's oldest science fiction TV series. WhoNews has regenerated with brand new features:
* One universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch buy once and use on all your devices
* Most recent news view - time ordered news from over 30 websites
* Off-line browsing - read the latest news at your leisure
* Super fast search of all news articles by using a keyword or phrase
* News is downloaded in bulk from over 30 sites. A resilient server compiles the latest news every 15 minutes ready to be downloaded by WhoNews
* Bookmark your favourite news for rapid access
* Email and post articles or DVDs,Games,Books,CDs on Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, Delicious, Tumbler, Pinboard, Read It Later
* Merchandise Search, the cheapest Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures DVD/Blu ray prices in the UK & US from all your favourite internet stores
* Search for Doctor Who/Torchwood/SJA Games, Books and CDs using the built-in price comparison engine. Order by release date, search on actor
* Over 30 UK retailers compared including Amazon, Tesco, Zavvi, The Hut, SendIt, LoveFilm, Asda, Woolworths, HMV, Play, BBC Shop, DVD Source, MovieMail, Game, Waterstones, Book Depository, Game Station, Foyles plus many more
* US price comparison from Amazon US, Betam Online, Deep Discount, DVD Magnet, CD Universe, Music Import, DVD Empire and Yes Asia
* Use the in-built browser to visit a news site or buy a DVD,Games,CDs and Books direct
* iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 2.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WhoNews 1.8 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News categories.
Located in Cowden, Kent, Paul Gee has over 20 years experience developing software for a range of mobile platforms and is a full-time software engineer. After winning the HotUKDeals 2009 iPhone programming competition he embarked on combining his love of Doctor Who with his talent for software development. Before turning his skills on developing applications for the iPhone and iPod touch he spent over 12 years working for a top research and development defence company, designing and build cutting edge wearable computing solutions for the armed forces. Copyright (C) 2011 Paul Gee. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.