February 22, 2011 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Seoul, South Korea - EnGIS, a South Korea-based software developer, has announced the availability of its most recent version (1.1.0) of the Gogo Navigator USA & CAN app. The app was featured recently in the What's Hot section at the App Store and quickly cracked the top 50 of the Navigation category rankings, reaching as high as No. 37.
Available at the App Store for $29.99 USD, Gogo Navigator USA & CAN offers the most comprehensive real-time, turn-by-turn 3D navigational data available for iPhone and iPod touch users. The power of millions of onboard POI's, plus Google Local Search, ensures that you will always find what you are looking for and Gogo Navigator's OpenGL graphics technology allows for stunningly-textured 3D landmark display and visual capabilities.
Gogo Navigator USA & CAN does not require an internet connection, as all map data is stored locally in the iPhone device, and as such users do not need to pay additional fees for use. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, Gogo Navigator USA & CAN requires iOS 3.1.3 or later and, designed specifically for the iPhone, is a valuable virtual travel assistant.
"We felt it was important to bring to the market a truly high-end navigational tool that provides a richer experience and is more accessible, in terms of cost, to the masses," said Martin Carr, Vice President of EnGIS. "With the amount of features we offer with Gogo Navigator, and the reasonable price, we do feel we have developed an outstanding product - and our high ranking on iTunes, we feel, speaks to that quality."
Version 1.1.0 offers a wide array of features, including Text-To-Speech (TTS) voice guidance (available for iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4), lane guidance to help improve your navigational safety, realistic signpost display and faster street address searching. Version 1.1.0 also offers additional language capabilities and improved guidance, display and address matching (for iPhone contacts) and, as well, now recognizes street address prefix and suffix abbreviations for a more streamlined search.
* Precise voice guidance with adjustable volume control
* Multiple routing options; faster time/shorter distance
* Search by address, point on map, ZIP and more
* Intelligent POI searching: search by phone number, address, category, POI name
* Advanced POI name searching: search by full name or partial word
* Recent destinations stored
* Auto zooming (at intersection & on speed)
* Route Planning: create and save route itineraries and create route summaries for trips
* Fuel cost calculator (customizable)
* Speed Limit warning: adjustable audio/visual warning
* Languages: US English, Latin Amer. Spanish, CA. French, Korean
* Fully customizable main page and menu editing
* Automatic Landscape and Portrait rotation
* Integrated Navigation Guidance while music is playing: choose to mute or fade music during guidance
* iPhone Contacts Integration: Route to your contacts
* iPhone call interruption: Gogo automatically resumes after incoming phone call
* Multiple day/night modes, vehicle symbols and control safety alerts
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 1.83 GB
Pricing and Availability:
Gogo Navigator USA & CAN version 1.1.0 is currently available at the App Store, in the Navigation category, for a purchase price of $29.99 USD.
EnGIS Communications Inc., a Seoul, South Korea-based software developer, specializes in creating high-end navigational software that offers a heightened richness of experience, improved user-friendliness/convenience and the type of affordability most high-end navigational suppliers cannot match. The creator of Gogo Navigator Japan, EnGIS most recently launched Gogo Navigator USA and CAN, which quickly rose to No. 37 on iTunes in the Navigation category's top 50 rankings. Copyright (C) 2011 EnGIS Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.