June 19, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria - Dare to be Creative announced that Dragoman, a universal batch file conversion utility for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard, will be on sale at Mupromo on June 20th 2008.
Dragoman is a utility application that batch converts popular image file formats including raw digital camera formats, JPEG, PDF, TIFF and PNG, as well as widespread music and archive file formats, and is the latest addition to Dare to be Creative's product portfolio. Designed to increase productivity, Dragoman converts files quickly with its fast, highly optimized conversion engine.
Dragoman will be on sale for $19.99 as Mupromo's Deal of the Day on June 20th 2008, offering a reduction of nearly half the retail price of $39. Dragoman will remain on sale at Mupromo at a lower discount for a few weeks after the promotion.
"We really enjoy working with MacUpdate, and having our applications featured as their Deal of the Day has been a great boost to our applications in the past", Philipp Mayerhofer, Chief Operations Officer at Dare to be Creative, looks forward to the upcoming promotion. "This is a unique opportunity for users to grab a great piece of software for a great price", the COO advertises the deal to potential customers.
Key features in a nutshell:
* Batch converts image, photo, music, sound and archive files
* Handles the popular image formats PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, PostScript, EPS, JPEG-2000 (JP2), GIF, PSD, ICNS, Windows Bitmap (BMP), PICT, SGI and TGA files
* Handles raw digital camera formats: Adobe Digital Negative (dng), Photo CD (pcd), Canon Digital Camera Raw Image Format (crw, cr2), Kodak Digital Camera Raw Image File (dcr), Sony (Minolta) Raw Image File (mrw), Nikon Digital SLR Camera Raw Image File (nef), Olympus Digital Camera Raw Image File (orf), and Fuji CCD-RAW Graphic File (raf)
* Handles common archive and zip formats: Rar, StuffIt, 7zip, DMG, Gzip, Bzip2 and industry-standard, Winzip-compatible Zip
* Handles widespread music, audio and sound file formats: AIFF, Microsoft WAVE, Macintosh SND, Sun Microsystems AU, Apple Core Audio (CAF), Creative Labs Audio Files (VOC), Raw Audio Data (RAW), Sound Designer II (SD2), and many more
* Supports multi-page PDF and TIFF documents
* Progress bar that reports on the current status of the file conversions
* Universal file converter tool
* Built-in, automatic self updates, with which users are automatically informed of the newest releases and given the option to download the latest release with a single button click.
* Planned extensions to convert video, HTML and source code files
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
Dragoman is $39 USD, and available as a free download from the Dragoman website. It runs initially in a 10-day trial mode with all features active.
Located in Vienna, Austria, Dare to be Creative Ltd. is a software forgery founded in 2006 by a group of Mac enthusiasts. The Dare to be Creative team focuses exclusively on developing utility applications for Mac OS X designed to save valuable time while being enjoyable and easy to use. The current portfolio includes a) iArchiver, an archiving and file compression utility, b) iCombiner, a tool to combine images and PDF files into single PDF documents, c) Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, and d) Dragoman, a batch file converter for image, music and archive files. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2008 Dare to be Creative Ltd. / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.