February 24, 2011 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Adelaide, Australia - Shifty Jelly Pty Ltd today is pleased to announce the release of Pocket Casts 1.1 for iOS devices. Hardcore podcast fans Shifty Jelly have taken their passion for podcast listening and management and wrapped it all up in a sexy, easy to use iPhone Application. Import your existing podcasts from your iPod, or subscribe to all your favourite ones in the app, and then get instant updates and push notifications when new episodes are available. Download or stream new episodes over WIFI or 3G with no file size limits.
Some of the stand-out features of Pocket Casts:
* Instant refresh (Shifty Jelly's cloud servers monitors your feeds, so your phone doesn't have to)
* Stream or download without file size limits, over 3G or WIFI
* Background downloading on supported devices (so you can do other things while your podcasts download)
* 3 different themes to choose from, with more coming soon
* Push badge when new episodes are available
* Quick skip feature, one tap of the screen and you can jump forward or back through your podcasts
* Grid View brings your podcast images to the front, showing up to 12 on the page at once
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 6.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pocket Casts 1.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News category. Upcoming features include an iPad and Android version, as well as options for sharing podcasts (or sections of podcasts) with your friends.
Located in Adelaide, Australia, Shifty Jelly started two years ago with two guys on their respective couches with no real plans for the future. Two years later, Shifty Jelly has become a premium iPhone app developer. Today there's 2 programmers and 1 designer working full time out of an office. Copyright (C) 2011 Shifty Jelly Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.