February 28, 2011 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Amsterdam, The Netherlands - ThroughView today is proud to announce the release of 'Streets of New York' for the iPad. This interactive 3D book takes the reader back into our history. Photographs, by Jacob Riis, showing the quality of life in the slums at the end of 19th century New York have been reconstructed in 3D. This is combined with background information about both the history of New York and the life the photographer.
* Photographs from the end of the 19th century of New York reconstructed in 3D.
* The 3D photographs can be viewed using three different modes: stereo photograph, 3d glasses (red/cyan) and sweep 3D.
* When in sweep 3D mode, you can just swipe your finger left and right over the photograph to look inside of the photograph.
* Detailed background information about the history of New York.
* Detailed background information about the life of the photographer Jacob Riis.
* Application can be navigated as a book. Slide pages to go to previous / next page.
Device Requirements for iPad:
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later
* 82.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Streets of New York 1.0 is available now worldwide in the Books category on the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD (or local equivalent).
ThroughView specializes in creating applications which transform existing vintage images and works of art into a new presentation type. Our goal is to bring back famous periods and moments from our history for you to enjoy. Copyright (C) 2011 ThroughView. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.