March 4, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Houghton, Michigan - Vortimac Software today is pleased to announce the released of Dossier 2.6 for Mac OS X. Dossier is an information management tool for the Mac. It is an ideal tool for keeping and organizing notes, to-do lists, passwords, and virtually anything else.
Dossier features an easy to use interface, with multiple documents and multiple simultaneous viewers per document, smart folders, live search, an integrated calendar, encryption, flexible printing of entries, folders, or entire documents, rich text editing, excellent support for export, unlimited undo/redo capability, and many more features typically found in more expensive products. Version 2.6 is the most substantial update to Dossier in quite some time. A list of changes include (but are not limited to):
* Substantial interface overhaul
* Major enhancements to editor
* Better support for drag and drop import into entry
* Improved import of many formats
* Support for dragging entire folders or files from the Finder
* New welcome window to assist new users
* Calendar enhancements
* Upgraded help system
* Fixed issue where calendar status was not being recalled properly
* Fixed issue with views not resizing properly after collapse
* Fixed issue with links being dragged in from Mail not showing properly
* Fixed issue with word count not updating automatically
* Fixed issue with color wells not retaining their color properly
* Fixed issue with show/hide ruler
* Fixed issue with editing smart folders
* Various other enhancements and bug fixes
Pricing and Availability:
Dossier requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher. Dossier can be purchased for only $24.99 (USD). Dossier is also available via the Mac App Store. A full featured 30-day demonstration version is available.
Headquartered in Houghton, Michigan, Vortimac Software LLC is a privately held development company founded by Rob Minerick. The company's focus is Mac and iOS software and consulting. Copyright (C) 2011 Vortimac Software LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.