March 8, 2011 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Apex, North Carolina - Independent developer Seth McFarland today is pleased to announce an updated version of the popular podcast client, Downcast, for iPhone and iPod touch. Seth McFarland, founder of Jamawkinaw Enterprises, is a computer programmer with more than 15 years of experience and a proclivity for fostering open dialogues with his customers.
Downcast allows users to download, listen to, and manage their favorite podcasts directly from their iOS devices without the need to sync with iTunes. With an overall average rating of 5 stars in the App Store, Downcast boasts features such as advanced download and retention settings, support for gestures and background downloading.
* Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
* Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
* Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)
* Download podcasts in the background (for supported devices)
* Browse and download older podcast episodes
* Auto-update podcasts on open
* Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and per-podcast)
* Backup and import podcast feeds via OMPL
* Support for password-protected feeds
* Play audio in the background (for supported devices)
* 2x speed playback
* Stream episodes without downloading
* Control audio with Bluetooth or other headphone remote controls
* Create and edit "smart" playlists
* View podcast details and episode show notes
* View embedded images in podcast episodes
* Rename podcasts with long or unwieldy names
* Gesture support
* Sleep timer
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* 1.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Downcast 1.6.2 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Jamawkinaw Enterprises writes intuitive software for the common man. Copyright (C) 2011 Jamawkinaw Enterprises. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.