March 17, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Mountain View, California - PhatWare today is pleased to announced the release of a new version of PhatPad for iPad, a note-taking and collaboration app featuring PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology. More than just a note-taking app, PhatPad turns an iPad into an advanced brainstorming tool by enabling users to draw, write, and type on the iPad, then instantly share ideas via email, WiFi sync, Dropbox, or with PhatPad's built-in presentation mode. PhatPad 1.2 delivers powerful new features to improve note-taking and collaboration on an iPad:
* The new Folders feature allows users to organize their documents in the folder hierarchy. The new Document manager UI allows users to create, rename, rearrange using drag and drop, and delete folders and documents. The updated Dropbox synchronization feature supports synchronization of the entire folder hierarchy.
* The new File Manager UI allows users to search all PhatPad documents for characters or words.
* File sharing feature now allows users to specify the remote access password. If the password is set, it will be required to access PhatPad documents via WiFi. The password is also required when uploading files onto the device.
* The new Autoinsert Recognition Results option allows for continuous writing in the Handwriting panel mode. When this option is on, an adjustable marker is displayed on the panel. Starting a new word on the left side of the marker (on top of the previous writing) will send the recognized text into the application and start a new recognition session.
* PhatPad now supports background playback and recording for voice notes and the remote control. The remote control can also be used in the Presentation mode while audio is playing.
PhatPad's included handwriting recognition engine allows users to convert previously recorded handwritten notes into digital text, and edit text using either the handwriting input panel or the keyboard. PhatPad documents can be synchronized with the desktop computer via iTunes or Dropbox, exchanged between two or more devices on the local WiFi network, printed, emailed, or exported to PDF.
Brainstorming and collaborating with team members is simple using PhatPad's Presentation mode, which allows users to create quick presentations and display them on the iPad screen and external monitor.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 12.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
PhatPad 1.2 is $7.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies), and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. For more information about PhatPad, visit PhatWare online.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2011 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.