March 24, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Boise, Idaho - OneVoice, the latest technology in augmented communication devices, is available today for download for the iPad from the Apple App Store for $199.99. OneVoice for the iPad is designed by Legend, a Boise-based software design company. The application allows people with communication disabilities, such as stroke or traumatic brain injury, autism, cerebral palsy, intellectual impairment, Parkinson's disease, or multiple sclerosis, to "speak" by selecting icons and phrases to be read by the device.
OneVoice represents an impressive leap forward in design and ease of use. Using the iPad touchscreen, the user communicates by building simple phrases and sentences. Users of any age or ability can communicate through its intuitive navigation system and customizable interface. Far simpler and easier to use than other augmented communication devices, OneVoice offers a number of outstanding features:
* Highly portable, pre-configured and requires no training
* Features over 100 custom made icons and expressive emoticons
* Easily customizable for additional vocabulary with drag and drop organization of words and categories
* Users can control voice speed and choose male or female speaking gender
* Users can upload personal photos and customizable icons
* A full keyboard for typing is available with one simple click
* Simple, focused application. Users won't get lost in many levels of categories and be unable to find their way back
Designer Nathan Barry of Legend was inspired to create the affordable, easy-to-use application after learning that many people affected by speech disabilities cannot afford the devices currently available on the market. At $199.99, OneVoice is significantly less expensive than similar devices, the most common of which cost many thousands of dollars. OneVoice can change the way people with speech disabilities interact with their families, friends, and the world around them.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 228 MB
Pricing and Availability:
OneVoice 1.1.2 is $199.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Legend is a user experience and software design firm headquartered in Boise, Idaho. Legend creates software solutions for personal and corporate use, building custom applications and websites that focus on clarity and quality above all else. Copyright (C) 2011 Legend. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.