March 28, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Mountain View, California - Ball Pit, version 2.0, a unique 3D game developed by Terry Weissman is now available for free. Ball Pit is best played standing up, so you can easily spin around to see everything that happens around you. Your iPhone 4 or 4th generation iPod touch acts as a window between you and the world of Ball Pit.
Version 1.0 of Ball Pit earned a solid 5 stars in the App Store. Now, version 2.0 builds on it by improving game play, with the addition of a thrust button, power-ups, Game Center integration, and improved graphics.
Reviews of version 1 from the App store said:
* "This game is great! The gyroscope is 100% accurate, leaving you with the impression that your iPhone has turned into a virtual eye, showing you nothing but the Pit."
* "A dream come true. One of the best games I have ever played!"
* "Best game on my iPod."
* "By far the best game on my iPhone. Watch out Angry Birds, Doodlejump, ... This game is going to the top!"
* "Most innovative game interaction I've ever seen."
* "The iPhone stops being the thing on which you play the game and turns into a window you are holding to look into another world."
* "This app defines the iPod's gyroscope."
* "Incredible game! Off the hook!"
* iPhone 4, 4G iPod touch
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 3.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Ball Pit 2.0 is free with unobtrusive banner ads and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Advertisements can be removed with a $1.99 in-app purchase.
Located in Mountain View, California, Terry Weissman writes iPhone games in his spare time, when not working at his more conventional job for Pixazza, inc. His previous conventional employers include Netscape, TellMe, and SGI. Terry is probably best known as the original developer of the Bugzilla bug-tracking system. Ball Pit is his first iPhone game. Copyright (C) 2011 Terry Weissman. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.