March 31, 2011 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - App artist deeje today is pleased to announce the 3rd major release of tappr.tv for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, which now offers users the ability to record and replay multitrack visuals to their favorite songs from their iPod library.
What is tappr.tv? While DJs scratch audio records, and VJs make visuals to music, tappr.tv is a new kind of "visual scratching" entertainment app for iOS that gives users over 100 particle-based "instruments" and the ability to record their taps, swipes, and tilts. Each instrument uniquely responds to the user's input with bursts of colorful particles and light. It's relaxing all on its own, but really shines when users record along with their favorite music.
"With version 3, tappr.tv creates something truly unique, something never seen before," said deeje. "Pick a song from your iPod library, scratch your own visuals, then play them back to show your friends how you see the music."
* Instruments - particle emitters that have a wide range of visual appearances and behaviors, which change depending on how and where the user taps, swipes, and tilts. There are several instruments built in, and hundreds more available for download.
* Events - tappr.tv can record the user's taps, swipes, and tilts into an event stream and play them back to a variety of instruments.
* Tracks - combines a user-selected instrument with a recorded event stream. Tracks can be added, deleted, "muted", "solo'd", and "zapped", allowing the user to create multitrack arrangements with ease.
* Loops - collections of tracks that repeat infinitely, great for casual play and relaxing visuals.
* Dances - collections of tracks that the user choreographs to their favorite music. Pick a song from their iPod library, create tracks of visuals as the song plays, and replay those visuals at any time.
* Snapshots - allows the user to take snapshots of their favorite loops and dances and share them on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
* Fullscreen Playback and Video Out Support - Allows the user to prop up their iPad or plug it in to a big screen to share their visuals with others.
Future releases will provide functionality for audio input, creating new instruments, and network collaboration. The ultimate vision for tappr.tv is the ability to create and share visuals for your favorite songs within an online community.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 5.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
tappr.tv 3.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music and Entertainment categories.
Located in San Francisco, California, aspiring app artist deeje has been developing consumer software for over 20 years, and is excited about the prospects of mobile apps as artistic endeavors. Tappr.tv is his second solo release, and is another step toward a vision that includes music synchronization and social sharing with friends and fans. Copyright (C) 2011 deeje cooley. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.