April 1, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] East Lyme, Connecticut - Smiley Cat Software is proud to announce Just Fractions! 3.0 for iOS. This is a universal version that runs fully native on the iPad as well as the iPhone and iPod touch. Just Fractions! has won awards all over the world for its educational value in teaching young children how to do fraction math. Now you can perform fraction problem drills against the clock for points. Three levels of difficulty challenge you and help you learn how to do fraction math.
Just Fractions! has been featured on the "What's Hot' list in a variety of countries. The app is available for educational discount through Apple and many educational institutions have taken advantage of this to add Just Fractions to their repertoire of educational apps.
Just Fractions! has won awards all over the world for its educational value in teaching young children how to do fraction math. Now, the educational value is greatly enhanced by a new feature allowing you to perform math drills. The app shows you a problem which you must solve. If you enter the correct answer you get points. If the answer can be reduced, you get extra points for entering a proper, reduced answer. There are three levels of difficulty to challenge you!
App store reviews from customers on Just Fractions!:
* "Great!" - January 2011
* "Great app for the fractions Beginner" - Sept 2010
* "Best fraction app out there!, Awesome and easy to use." - Feb 2010
* "Awesome!!!!" - Jan 2010
* "Good Job!!! You guys did an AMAZING job and this program works so perfectly!!! I love it!!! " - Jan 2010
* "This app just gets better and better with each update..." - Oct 2009
* "I really love this app! This app is fun to play with and to learn with. Great Job!" - Oct 2009
Just Fractions is packed full of educational features:
* Perform fraction math using mixed fractions (combinations of whole numbers and fractions). Negative fractions are also handled properly.
* "Test Yourself" allows you to perform fraction drills against the clock for points to test your skill. Three different difficulty levels are available and you can save your score to try and improve it through practice!
* "Definitions" feature defines terms that are commonly associated with fraction math. For example, what is a mixed fraction? What is a vulgar fraction and more.
* "Show Me" feature gives detailed step by step instructions on how to do a fraction addition, subtraction, multiplication or division problem. Enter your fractions and press "Show Me" and have "Just Fractions" guide you through each process of the calculation! Our "Show Me" feature was the milestone that catapulted Just Fractions! from an elegant fraction calculator into a truly educational tool
* "Reduce" allows you to reduce the fraction to lowest terms after the calculation is performed.
* "Find LCD" finds the lowest common denominator, essential when adding or subtracting fractions.
Check out our other educational software, including Math Seeq and it's free version, Math Seeq lite. Math Seeq teaches mathematical sequences in a fun game. You must select the next number in the sequence to get points and advance to the next level. The full version of Math Seeq includes all of the times tables, from 1 to 9, and higher levels have more complicated sequences including prime numbers, powers and even the Fibonacci sequence.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 0.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Just Fractions! 3.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Promotional codes are available on request for educators and reviewers.
Smiley Cat LLC develops and markets quality educational apps for the iPhone and iPod touch. Smiley Cat Software: Purveyor of fine educational software for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch. We specialize in developing software that has educational value that makes learning fun. Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Smiley Cat LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.