April 4, 2011 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - Studio Pepwuper (pronounced Pep-Wu-Per) releases Three Trees 1.0 for iOS, an environmental puzzle game for the whole family. In Three Trees, players need to balance the three forces of nature, Water, Air, and the Sun, by swiping them across the screen. The elements counter each other out, so the goal is to keep them in equilibrium.
How it Works:
* Water (rain) helps the trees to grow and gets rid of dry land. But let it rain too much and the player will have excess water on the land.
* Sun reduces this excess water on the land, but too much of it will create excess dust.
* Air (wind) reduces the growth of trees, makes the land cracked and dry, but it also blows away the excess dust.
* Items will fall randomly as the player increases the score. Tapping on the items will help to restore the earth's balance.
* Too much water, dust, or dry land will be the end of the game.
* As the player balances the elements, the score will increase! How long can the player keep the trees free from disaster?
Three Trees, started as a prototype named Water, Air, Sun, was developed in 11 hours in the 360iDev GameJam. The theme of the GameJam was Change the World, so developer Brandon Wu created a prototype where players need to balance the three forces of nature, Water, Air, and the Sun, that shape the lands and change the world.
After positive feedback and many requests to turn the prototype into a full game, Brandon Wu assembled a small team of three to develop this game, which includes the following features:
* Easy tap and swipe control
* 3 world changing and conflicting forces to balance
* 3 trees for the players to grow
* Items to help the player remove excess elements on the land
* Soothing music that fits the mood
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 38.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Three Trees 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Based in Los Angeles, Studio Pepwuper makes games for those young at heart. With a no-gun and violence policy, you can feel good about playing with your children. Copyright (C) 2011 Studio Pepwuper. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.