April 2, 2011 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Brain Freeze Entertainment today is pleased to announce their children's reader app Goosed Up Rhymes (available in the App Store) has been selected by the New York Times to appear on their Best Children's Books on the iPad list.
"From the beginning we designed Goosed Up Rhymes with the whole family in mind. This is not meant to replace traditional books or to be a baby-sitter for kids," says Tod Carter, founder of Brain Freeze Entertainment. "We believe Goosed Up Rhymes is something for parents and children to sit down with at reading time and everyone will enjoy the experience in an interactive and entertaining way."
That message is resonating with many users as the word spreads about the apps' new approach to reading. The Times isn't the only publication to take notice of the inventive new app. Goosed Up Rhymes is being reviewed online and in print by Bloggers, Tech Reviewers, Parents and other Newspapers. The list of accolades continues to grow,
* "Are you ready for Mother Goose like you've never seen her before? Yes? Well pull up a tuffet and get ready for a wildly entertaining ride through some nursery rhymes." The iPhone Mom
* "Some of the BEST content I've seen in an iPad app" Crazy Mike's App Reviews
* "Definitely a MUST HAVE for your young ones" The Daily App Show
* "Funny, noisy nursery rhymes guaranteed to make you smile" New York Times
* "Not your grandma's nursery rhymes" Chicago Tribune
* "Great art and animation, mixed with witty humor. It's a read-along TV show for my iPad! I love it!" Veggie Tales creator Phil Vischer
"We made a reading app that takes the training wheels off traditional children's books. Goosed Up Rhymes empowers kids to learn to read in a fun new way," said Joe Spadaford, the co-creator of Goosed Up Rhymes, "Funny cartoons and animations reward the educational experience. What could be more fun than that?"
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 371 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Goosed Up Rhymes HD 1.01 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.
With more than 40 combined years in the Animation Industry and multiple screen credits, award-winning Animation Director Tod Carter and Art Director Joe Spadaford bring their talents and expertise to Brain Freeze Interactive, a division of Brain Freeze Entertainment. Brain Freeze Interactive is committed to breaking new ground in the development of interactive children's books for the iTunes App Store. Copyright (C) 2011 Brain Freeze Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.