April 6, 2011 in Promotions (E)
[prMac.com] Durham, North Carolina - KiDSafe Technologies today announces KiDSBrowse will be featured on MacZOT! for 2 days only and at a whopping 75% off! The KiDSBrows application is specially designed to provide a safe experience for kids and teens on the Internet. The new version also has malware resistance from viruses and spyware, and a simple, colorful interface. MacZOT! pricing starts Saturday, April 9th and ends Sunday, April 10th at midnight!
KiDSBrowse features parental controls, malware resistance from viruses and spyware, and a simple, colorful interface. KiDSBrowse opens with 13 kid-safe websites already included, and the ability for parents, teachers, and caretakers to add any number of additional sites, with advanced filtering options for each. Because it is an integrated application, rather than an add-on to an all-purpose web browser, it is easy and uncomplicated for the adult to control access to content, and equally easy for the young person to visit and explore kid-safe websites.
KiDSBrowse has two modes of operation: Adult Mode and Kid Mode. In Adult Mode, the browser's operation is the same as any other. Search engines are available and there is unrestricted access to everything on the Internet. Adult Mode is used to set up Kid Mode by specifying passwords, approved sites, use logs, advanced filtering, and the graphical user interface. In Kid Mode, there are only three navigational buttons (Forward, Backward, Home), and no search engine or URL bar. All available web sites appear on the home page as large square icons for each approved web site.
Pre-Loaded Kids Websites!
* Cartoon Network
* Kidz Vidz
* Leading to Reading
It is extremely easy for adults to add sites to the list of those that come pre-installed, remove sites, and manage sites. Advanced filtering options allow adults to restrict access to parent, parallel, or sub-directories of any website. In addition, pop-ups and forms may be restricted individually or collectively. A complete log of all use in Kid Mode may be saved, and viewing of blocked URLs recorded. A session limit may be entered, preventing web access after a stipulated number of minutes.
* Allows browsing only on sites that are parent/teacher/caretaker approved
* Easily add new websites just by bookmarking the site
* Large kid friendly icons allows the child to easily find the links to their favorites
* Customize the browser with built in art or custom colors - even add custom images
* Kid Mode allows easy browsing with three simple commands: Back, Forward and Home
* Require a password to exit Kid Mode and limit the browsing sessions
* Kid Mode is fullscreen and prevents accidental clicking outside of the program
* Clicking on advertisements is prevented, and most advertisements are blocked completely
* The first Kids' Browser to resist malware like viruses and spyware with built-in protection
"The MacZOT! promo will allow us to put this technology in the hands of more parents and child care providers who may not could otherwise afford it," commented CEO Tina Lane.
Located in Durham, North Carolina, the KiDSafe Technologies team is a small independent software company founded by Tina Lane in 2009. KiDSafe has provided professionals and children alike with safety software utilities for a wide variety of age ranges. Copyright (C) 2011 KiDSafe Technologies. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.