April 12, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Boise, Idaho - Hand Carved Code today is pleased to announce Priorities 1.0 for iOS, their productivity app designed to make task and list management as intuitive and stylish as the iPhone itself. Featuring an advanced outline format, the app enables the user to view all to-dos at once or drill down to Priorities, sub-items, sub-tasks, etc. Users can create re-useable templates, and pages can be color-coded to indicate the type of list. The app also includes: Fast Add, Due Dates, Alerts, Sync, and a wide variety of Themes to customize the look and feel of the app.
Specifically designed to maintain the practicality and utility of pen and paper while simultaneously exploiting the display and reminder capabilities of iOS devices, Priorities is simple to learn and use. Users can easily add quick notes and tasks which can be edited and expanded at a later time. Similarly, reminder alerts and due dates are quickly and easily entered. Flipping through color-coded pages of to-dos is fast and effortless. And at any time, the user may select any item and drill down for additional details.
Priorities makes it easy to share pages with other users. List-makers who want to share their shopping page with their spouse can simply send an email invitation to share their shopping page. Users can add, edit, delete, and check off items, and the items will be synchronized between devices. In addition, the app supports data backup and syncing with multiple devices via Hand Carved Code's secure server.
* Fast Add - Quickly add tasks or lists of items with the touch of a finger
* Due Dates & Notes - Assign a due date and record notes for a task or item
* Priorities - Star everything that is high-priority and view them at-a-glance on your Priorities page
* Reminders - See a badge count of your starred items on the Priorities home screen icon
* Alerts - Set a reminder time for a popup and/or sound alert for important items
* Task Management - Create pages, lists with sub-items, and tasks with sub-tasks to make organizing easier
* Templates - Save a page as a template to use it again later; great for grocery shopping and travel
* Multiple Pages - Create custom, color-coded pages to keep track of all areas of the user's busy life; flip through the pages with a swipe of a finger
* Sync - Use the secure server to sync for backup and to sync between multiple devices
* Page Sharing - Create a sync account and assign pages to be shared with others; a great feature for sharing a shopping list with a spouse or sharing to-dos with colleagues
* Themes & Appearance - Customize the appearance of the app's title bar, background, font, and paper color
* Other Features - Landscape view supported for all screens, Sort-By-Date, Passcode Lock, built-in Hot Links for phone numbers, email addresses and websites, and more
"Our goal with Priorities was to modernize the old to-do list and bring it up to speed with today's lifestyles," stated company Founder, Keith Feldman. "We kept the best aspects of the pen-and-paper method, such as an outline format (lists, primary & secondary to-dos) and multiple pages to reflect the multi-faceted lives each of us juggles. We then were able to add features that went beyond the pen and paper like popup reminders, syncing, sharing, and an at-a-glance view of your highest priority items."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.2 or later (iOS 4.3 tested)
* 5.2 MB
* WiFi, Edge, or 3G network connection required for syncing, sharing, and push notification functionality
Pricing and Availability:
Priorities 1.0 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Boise, Idaho, the Hand Carved Code, LLC team is an independent software company founded by Keith Feldman in April 2009. With a focus on the Mac and iOS platforms, Hand Carved Code's passion is to develop intuitive and engaging software. Copyright (C) 2011 Hand Carved Code, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.