April 12, 2011 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Bloomington, Minnesota - Handoff, which simplifies sending web pages from a computer to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch has been updated by IdeaSwarm and InfinitApps to version 1.1 which adds a browser extension for Firefox and integration with several iOS apps.
Handoff has been well received by the iOS community. It has been featured by Apple in their New & Noteworthy and What's Hot lists and been ranked among the top 10 iPad utility apps in the App Store. 1.1 delivers many customer requested improvements to the iOS app, including:
* New native integration with Firefox via a new Firefox add-on
* Open links with many other applications on iOS, including Safari (and some other web browsers), YouTube, Maps, iTunes, App Store, Articles (for Wikipedia), IMDB, Yelp and Twitter
* Share with even more apps including Pastebot and Instapaper
* Share links via text message on iPhone
* View web pages in browsers other than Mobile Safari (including Atomic, Cyberspace, iCab Mobile, Mercury and 360)
* Improved user interface that shows longer titles and makes it easier to jump to other apps
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* A desktop web browser
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 5.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Handoff 1.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Promo codes are available for reviewers upon request.
Located in Bloomington, Minnesota, IdeaSwarm is an indie Mac and iOS company founded in 2008 by Dylan and Dustin Bruzenak. IdeaSwarm's main focus is developing powerful, versatile tools that help content creators make the most of the Mac and iOS platforms. Copyright (C) 2008-2011 IdeaSwarm. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iTunes, iPhone, iOS, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.