April 14, 2011 in Entertainment (F)
[prMac.com] Warsaw, Poland - Filmaster has officially launched their iPhone app, Filmaster Mobile 1.1, during the South by Southwest weekend in Austin, Texas. Borys Musielak presented it on stage in the AppCircus contest for world's best new mobile apps.
Filmaster Mobile is a movie check-in and recommendation service that connects cinemagoers living nearby and provides daily-updated top movie suggestions in their area that fit their personal taste thanks to the powerful social recommendation engine. It's been dubbed "foursquare for film" for its focus on geolocation and personalization, but calling it "grindr for movie buffs" would not be far from true, either, thanks to its social features.
Filmaster Mobile solves three basic problems:
* Wondering what movie you should watch downtown? Filmaster gives you relevant suggestions based on your taste, so that you never miss a local screening worth your time, even in that obscure tiny cinema behind the corner.
* Tired of going to the movies alone? Check-in to screenings, see who else is planning to go and join them!
* Confused with too much choice at a movie festival? Check what other people with a similar taste liked or hated and plan your schedule accordingly.
And if you're simply bored, just browse through our film database, rate movies, read reviews, watch trailers, collect badges and have fun!
Filmaster already enables Twitter or Facebook logins. Foursquare check-in support and a personal TV guide are planned for the next release. Android and Blackberry Playbook apps are also in the works and a new website is planned for June 2011.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 6.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Filmaster Mobile 1.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Filmaster was founded in 2010 by Borys Musielak and is based in Warsaw, Poland. It received a $150.000 grant from a European Union fund for innovate e-services. In March 2011 Filmaster launched its iPhone app and is currently seeking Series A funding. Copyright (C) 2011 Filmaster. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.