April 25, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Raleigh, North Carolina - We're spending a great deal of time connecting, discussing and sharing moments with our online network of friends. When it comes to seeing friends offline; however, finding the right time has become a whole different and frustrating story.
Coordinating a convenient time to see our friends shouldn't be such a hassle. From college students to work colleagues, people want to spend more time with their friends; so why ask individuals if they're available, when people could just post an activity to everyone and leave an invitation open?
SUP! For iPhone delivers a practical means of coordinating your schedule with friends, and makes 'getting together' simple, as it should be. "We wanted to create a visual means of communication that allowed people to see their friends more." said Gabriella Perry the creator of SUP! "There had to be an easier way to invite people out for dinner than asking each of them if they were available days or weeks in advance."
In a world that's become so socially fixated, real world interactions are getting lost along the way. Tweeting to 1000's of people some witty observation isn't being social; getting 6 friends together to go out and actually interact, that's social. This is exactly the interaction that this app facilitates, and it does a fantastic job at that.
Here's how it works:
* A simple visual calendar shows what your friends are up to and when. If you can see it, you're welcome to join it
* Post when you're planning on doing something fun. Your friends will see your event and can join it. No need to compare schedules and send out invites
* Check in on a particular person you'd like to see. Just pick a friend, and if they're part of an event you can join, you'll see it
* Every event contains a persistent chat screen, so you and your friends are literally all on the same page when discussing the details
* SUP! makes it simple to find out what's going on, join in, and coordinate; it's the definitive way to get together
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 14.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SUP! 1.0 For iPhone is now available on the App Store. Users can download the app at a special introductory price of $0.99. You can also "gift" the app to close friends and kickstart your SUP! list.
GP Cubed is all about creating apps that we genuinely want to use ourselves. Our drive is to improve our own lives, and create products we're passionate about. SUP! is a trademark of GP Cubed, LLC in the United States. Copyright (C) 2011 GP Cubed, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.