July 24, 2008 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Walnut Creek, California - net4mac is a social network built exclusively for Mac users. In order to become a part of the community and use all its features, users need to download an innovative application designed for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Today, we are launching version 1.5 with many improvements.
The net4mac application allows you to:
* Create an account and login to the service (internet connexion required)
* Create your profile including your location, job, activities, skills and the type of Macs, iPhone, iPod, etc. that you own.
* Add friends to your profile and manage them (remember, the service is only for Mac users)
* Contact members, send invitations to join the community, and manage your messages
* Create your own groups of interest and invite friends to join them (people using the same application, in your same location, sharing the same passions, etc)
* Browse and join groups you find interesting - share discussions, events and more
* Create events and invite Mac users (this is useful if you want to announce the presentation of a product / service, etc)
* Search members using different of criteria (for example, you can find people that use the same Mac or software)
* Discover people around you (other Mac users in your neighborhood)
* And many more functions
There are many good reasons to use an application instead of a website:
* Better integration between Mac OS X technologies and the features.
* The community is easy to access from the Dock
* You can send invitations using your AddressBook
* You can add/remove members with public profiles to/from your AddressBook
* You can add a picture to your profile or a group from your webcam
* You can see the number of messages in your dock (like Apple mail)
What's new with version 1.5?
* Improved chat (completely rewritten)
* better geolocation feature (to see members on a map)
* Better user interface with more feedback
* Tips and Tricks for Mac users
* Bugs fixed
net4mac is a social network built exclusively for Mac users.