April 27, 2011 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Adelaide, Australia - Shifty Jelly Pty Ltd today is pleased to announce the release of Pocket Casts 2.0 for iOS devices. A new playlist feature for continuos playback, discovery section for finding new podcasts and a shiny new icon by none other than Matt Kelsh are just a few of the extensive changes they've made.
Some of the stand-out features of the new version:
* playlist feature for continuos playback of podcasts (you can also skip between them, etc)
* brand new ways to discover new podcasts (networks, categories)
* podcasts now go straight to where you left off, instead of starting with a stutter then jumping to where you were
* library sorting! (by added date, alphabetical, latest episode)
* awesome new shiny icon courtesy of Matt Kelsh
* find episodes easier with our new filters (downloaded, unplayed, in progress)
* tap on a podcast to get it's full description, show notes, etc, without needing to download it
* much improved podcast importing
* mega performance improvements
* new Apple style top bar (because you kept asking)
* more options for what to do with your podcasts
* ability to stop a podcast stream once it's started
* ability to switch between audio and video (for video podcasts), nice if you want to play them in the background, or think the host is ugly ;)
* video podcasts automatically background when quitting the app
* New 1.2x playback speed added (1.5x, 2x already supported)
* Manual sorting of the library page (we're looking at you OCD types)
* An unbelievable array of ways in which you can share your podcast obsession.
* iPad support, if you be extra good and eat all your vegetables
* Unicorn tears
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 8.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pocket Casts 1.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News category.
Located in Adelaide, Australia, Shifty Jelly started two years ago with two guys on their respective couches with no real plans for the future. Two years later, Shifty Jelly has become a premium iPhone app developer. Today there's 2 programmers and 1 designer working full time out of an office. Copyright (C) 2011 Shifty Jelly Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.