April 29, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - PixelEspresso today is pleased to announce version 1.4 of Decloner (TM), an easy-to-use utility to find and eliminate duplicate files on Macintosh computers running Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or newer. Decloner uses the extremely reliable secure hash algorithm (SHA-1) to determine if files are identical. It has a simple and convenient interface that allows the user to choose multiple folders to scan for duplicates.
Decloner can quickly process large number of files on internal, external or network drives. It presents the list of duplicate files to the user and allows removing files one by one, or mark several files and remove them all at once. The user can mark files manually or automatically, preserving the oldest or the newest file copy, and view file contents using Leopard's QuickLook feature.
Decloner can replace removed duplicates with aliases of the remaining file. It never deletes files permanently on its own. Instead, it moves files into the Trash or a folder of user's choice so that the user can always restore them if necessary. It also guards against removing all copies of a file. Decloner supports file name exclusion lists and minimum file size to ignore small files. Sparkle auto-update feature is included for user convenience (not present in the Mac App Store version).
* Compares files using SHA-1 hash algorithm for reliability
* Has simple and straightforward user interface
* Can quickly process large number of files
* Displays file information and supports QuickLook
* Allows deletion of individual files as well as marking multiple files for bulk deletion
* Moves deleted files to the Trash or a chosen folder to enable the user to restore them if necessary
* Safeguards against deleting all copies of a file
* Supports file name exclusion lists
* Ignores files smaller than the user-defined size
New in version 1.4:
* Multiple folder support
* Files that could not be removed are displayed in a list and can be deleted permanently
* Deleted files can be replaced with aliases of the remaining file
* Detailed information and QuickLook support for selected duplicate file groups (based on the first file in the group)
* Hidden folders are not scanned anymore
* Redesigned Preferences panel
* Crash reporter
* Improved accessibility
* Improved responsiveness during file operations
* Mac OS X Version 10.6 Snow Leopard or newer
* 64-bit Intel-based Macintosh
* 0.5 MB free disk space
Pricing and Availability:
Decloner 1.4 is $19.95 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. There is a 30-day free trial available.
PixelEspresso makes software for Mac and iPhone. It was founded in 2008 and is based in London, United Kingdom. All Material and Software (C) 2008-2010 PixelEspresso / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.