May 1, 2011 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - Hi-Voltage today announced the release of BookingPOINT 4.0, a powerful room and equipment booking system designed for universities, schools and colleges. Available for both Mac and PC platforms, BookingPOINT is helping educational institutions around the globe take full control of their room and equipment bookings, saving them a considerable amount of time, money and effort.
On-line reservations are a key feature of BookingPOINT, allowing students to reserve rooms and equipment on-line while freeing up the loans desk.
Other key features of BookingPOINT are barcode scanning for fast check in and check out, automated reminder emails and issuing of demerit points for reducing late returns, asset management for keeping tab on valuable equipment, as well as reporting tools for keeping on top of the loans process.
"With the increasing pressure of time demands on staff, BookingPOINT alleviates tedious administrative tasks, allowing staff to be more productive in their roles," said Tony Tanevski, Managing Director of Hi-Voltage. "No body wants to be stuck doing repetitive or mundane tasks. Our aim is to change that."
BookingPOINT is updated regularly as a result of customer feedback. Hi-Voltage also offers a customization service, customizing BookingPOINT to meet specific client needs.
* Set multiple office hours within a day. For example, You can set Mondays opening hours from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM and also from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
* For each privilege set you now have the ability to set the maximum allowable bookings within a period of time for an individual resource, a resource group or a resource type.
* View Resource historical bookings via the Resources Detail screen.
* Set 'Block Out' times for any day of the week and for any resource. A 'Block Out' time is a time that a resource will not be available for booking.
* Set office hours within preferences. This will allow you to ensure resources can only be booked within office hours for same day bookings.
* Sharing menu is now accessible via File menu.
* On the web when you reserve a resource then change the resource type and click search, you will be prompted to either Save, Don't Save or cancel the reservations. Clicking cancel will leave you stuck on this screen. This has now been resolved.
* For Mac users only. On the web when you go to book a resource, if you click the 'Cancel' button on this screen it will sometimes cause an error to appear on the screen. Service temporarily unavailable.
* Printing loan agreements no longer prints a single resource per page.
BookingPOINT is used by universities and other educational institutes across the US, Australia, Canada, UK and other European countries. BookingPOINT has been built upon the popular cross-platform database FileMaker Pro.