May 4, 2011 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Arbroath, United Kingdom - Following from the success of its BMI for Adults iPhone app, Gamsu Associates Limited has released two new Scrabble(R) apps for the iPhone, CHALLENGE! Pro and School Edition.
Delays in Scrabble(R) competition play are set to be a thing of the past. No longer need there be long pauses while physical dictionaries are brought to the players' table and then consulted. Nor will there be a need for players to leave their seats to access an online computer elsewhere in the competition hall. Having adjudication tools containing the official Scrabble(R) word lists on hand held devices, accessible without an internet connection, is every Competition Organizer's dream solution.
Some key features of the apps:
* The applications are adjudication tools for Scrabble(R) games.
* The School Edition uses the OSPD4 word list.
* The Pro Edition uses OWL2, CSW and OSPD4 and users may select which word list to use.
* Both editions adjudicate single word and multi word challenges.
* Words up to 15 characters in length can be evaluated.
* Both editions follow tournament rules and evaluate a multi-word challenge as a unit.
* Both editions are "stand-alone" applications. They do not require an internet connection in order to be used.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 4.2 or later
* 2.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
CHALLENGE! School Ed. is $4.99 USD and CHALLENGE! Pro is $7.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Gamsu Associates Limited was founded in February 1986 with the principal purpose of marketing, as a vertical market application, a comprehensive suite of accounting and other programs originally commissioned by a Scottish legal practice. The Company confined itself largely to this area of activity for ten years or so and then expanded its horizons into supplying software services to various companies via independent consultancy contracts. The scope of the services has steadily expanded into business analysis, architecture, software development and project management. More recently it has branched out to include the Apple platform and iphone apps in particular. Copyright (C) 2011 Gamsu Associates Limited. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. SCRABBLE(R) is a registered trademark. All intellectual property rights in and to the game are owned in the U.S.A and Canada by Hasbro Inc., and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, a subsidiary of Mattel Inc. Mattel and Spear are not affiliated with Hasbro.