May 13, 2011 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Burlington, New Jersey - Paragoni Apps today is pleased to announce the release of Perform Pro 1.1. This update allows iPad 2 owners to watch themselves perform or practice music. The app takes advantage of the iPad 2's built in camera and captures the performer in a PIP (picture in picture) mode. There is also an option to make a video recording of each performance.
Original iPad owners benefit from this update too. The professional sheet music reader now automatically scrolls music in landscape mode, providing for better readability while allowing musicians to read music without ever taking their hands off of their instrument.
Additionally, Perform Pro has been localized to support 7 additional languages besides English. They include Chinese (simplified), German, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
Perform Pro is Ideal for conductors, band directors, orchestras, bands, choirs and individual musicians. It turns the iPad into a full-featured sheet music reader that offers musicians new and exciting ways to read music without ever taking their hands off of their instrument. With auto scrolling the app will smoothly scroll scores from page to page and score to score allowing musicians to focus on performing.
Musicians can import and manage thousands of scores with ease and arrange them in set lists in the order in which they desire to practice them or perform them during a recital or concert. Musicians can capture practice sessions or live performances with the built in audio recorder and then share the songs via email or export them to their iTunes library on their Mac or PC. iPad 2 Users can capture performances via video and post them to YouTube from the native Photo Roll app.
In Performance Mode Musicians Can:
* Use auto scrolling to smoothly scroll scores from page to page and score to score
* Use gestures to turn pages from left to right and from score to score
* Easily switch between "Auto Scroll" and "Page Turn" mode at anytime
* Use the visual or audio Metronome during practice sessions to improve timing
* Perform in Full Screen
With the Score Manager Musicians Can:
* Organize and manage unlimited PDF sheet music scores
* Download free scores with built in browser and links to free PDF sheet music resources
* Transfer scores from Mac or PC through iTunes
* Import PDF scores from email
* Create unlimited set lists or folders to easily organize their score library
* Use set lists to arrange music in the desired order for a performance
* Search for particular scores with the built in search tool
* Delete, rename and copy scores from one set list to another
With the Audio and Video Recorders Musicians Can:
* Capture practice sessions or live performances
* Record multiple takes of performances for comparison
Musicians Can Share Performances by:
* Exporting audio recordings to their Mac or PC using iTunes
* Uploading video recordings to YouTube from the native Photo Roll app
* Emailing audio recorded practice sessions to their instructor for feedback
Whether it's practice, auditions or concerts - with the revolutionary iPad and Perform Pro, musical performances will never be the same.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 14.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Perform Pro 1.1 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Burlington, New Jersey, independent app developer Dante Varnado Moore is a digital entrepreneur, user experience designer and principal of Paragoni Apps. Dante has worked in the user-centered design space for over thirteen years where he has defined and designed user experiences for Web 2.0 applications, large corporate web site applications, E-commerce sites, and mobile devices. Copyright (C) 2011 Paragoni, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.