May 16, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Boulder, Colorado - In painting, the imprimatura is the ground layer of color hidden beneath all other layers. The iPhone game Imprimatura is an exploration of great artists where the player discovers masterpieces hidden like an imprimatura.
Imprimatura is based on a game of concentration, in which a player uncovers sections of an artwork by matching colors on an overlying grid of tiles. The player tries to identify the artist from only a few matches. This requires the player to look closely at the revealed areas of the artwork, considering stylistic elements such as brushwork, typical subject matter and other hints that might identify the artist.
Because there are several levels of difficulty, Imprimatura can be a both a challenge for knowledgeable art lovers and an educational tool for those who want to learn more about art and artists. For all players, it provides a transporting, aesthetic experience anywhere and at anytime they have their iPhones in hand.
* A growing online database of paintings
* Paintings cropped to increase aesthetic impact on iPhone
* Automatic downloading of paintings as needed
* Automatic removal of paintings after game completion
* Local database of ten paintings for use when no Internet connection
* Nine school selections ranging from Gothic to Expressionism
* Three difficulty levels (easy, moderate, difficult)
* Basic information about painting (e.g, date, location)
* A short commentary on technical details in the painting, the significance of the painting in the artist's career and significance of the artist in art history
* All information resident in the Imprimatura app with no need to follow links to other websites
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 13.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Imprimatura 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Electronic Terrain Inc is a family owned, start-up S Corporation located in Boulder, Colorado. ET leverages the diverse skills and interests of family members in the creation of a variety of iPhone Apps. Together, the family has over thirty years of experience in software development, 2 PhD's and 4 master's degrees in areas ranging from mathematics to education. Copyright (C) 2011 Electronic Terrain Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.