May 17, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Oakdale, Pennsylvania - Independent developer, Scott Gruber, today made a major upgrade to ShapeEffects for iPad to version 3.0. This app has exploded into something phenomenal. With over 20 new features including Project Workflow, over 150 Backgrounds, over 500 Pieces of ClipArt, text, Printing via Airprint, email to name a few. This is a must buy. Don't forget to grab this app before the special pricing goes away.
New Features in version 3.0:
* Project Workflow : Create, Save, Open, Delete Projects
* Backgrounds : There are 160 awesome Backgrounds included to start you off, and growing.
* ClipArt : Over 500 pieces of upscale clipart, and growing.
* Text: Add text using any of the over 100 included Fonts available. Change Text Color and Shadow Color too.
* Printing supported via AirPrint
* Email your creations
* Full Photo Support
* In App Help
* Flip Text and Objects across the vertical axis.
* New Color Picker has been added
* Add different color borders to your objects and make them translucent.
* Can rotate, scale objects via button control
* Button to hide tools and another to bring the tools back
* Reset each object to its original state
* Greater control has been programmed in for shape manipulation
* Email developer for feature requests and bug fixes.
* Fixed shapes to display better
* Turn off borders on objects
* Redesigned UI with reflections used in Backgrounds, ClipArt and project related tasks
* Bug fixes
iTunes File Support:
* Include your own clipart
* Include your own backgrounds
Object manipulation features:
* Change the size
* Fill the shape with a wide selection of colors or no color, geometric shapes only
* Change the border color
* Adjust the fill color's translucency geometric shapes only.
* Adjust the border color's translucency
* Make shapes to be on top of other shapes or underneath them
* Combine the shapes to make a composite shape
* Change the background color of the workspace
* Adjust the background color to a lighter shade
* Take a snapshot of your work (it is saved within the iPad Photos app)
* Delete the last shape selected
* Delete all shapes
This app is great for:
* Sharing pictures with friends and relatives
* Video Titling
* and many more
A good portion of the ClipArt and Backgrounds used are credited to the following individuals although I have embellished quite a few. These artists have created awesome artwork and many thanks goes to each and every one of them. Visit the ShapeEffects website for a list and more information. Some icons used in the app are by Webalys.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 4.3 or later
* 82.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ShapeEffects 3.0 is currently only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) it will be $1.99 May 21-23, $2.99 May 24-26 and $3.99 after that. ShapeEffects is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Scott Gruber, has been programming for over 30 years. He has done work as Senior UNIX Systems Administrator for companies like IBM, MCI, NASA, ADT. Copyright (C) 2011 Scott Gruber. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.