May 23, 2011 in Health and Fitness (E)
[prMac.com] Herdecke, Germany - Independent developer danholt4mac today is pleased to introduce Movator 1.0 for iOS, their new fitness app that employs unique motion-sensing technology to accurately record the number of calories the user burns each day. Developed at the Fraunhofer Institute, highly respected for the creation of the ubiquitous H.264 and MP3 codecs, the proprietary technology allows the user to simply carry the iOS device in their pocket, and the app will recognize and record different activities, including: walking, sitting, running, jogging, swimming, driving car and driving bike, and doing work at a desk. At the end of each day, users may review their progress in meeting their fitness goals by examining the recorded data from both passive and active phases of their day's activity. Throughout the day, Movator provides a running tally of calories burned via a horizontal thermometer display, which displays the user's current and target caloric expenditure numbers.
Movator has been designed for the athletic and non-athletic, for joggers and sedentary office workers, for those who are currently following a fitness routine and those who would like to start one. Because the app is capable of automatically measuring and recording daily activity as well as exercise, it counts every calorie burned, serving as the user's own personal Mo(ti)vator. The app is based on new research at and technology developed by the Fraunhofer Institute. Highly specialized mathematical algorithms allow the app to continuously read the data stream produced by the device's motion-sensors, and to recognize specific patterns that belong to basic movements and activities.
In addition to its automatic recording capabilities, the app also supports manual entry and editing of activities. The user may select from an integrated database of more than 60 activities, entering the duration of every calorie-consuming event. Both automatically and manually recorded activities are listed in chronological order in the Activities of the Day window for each day. Users may scroll forward and backward in time to display activities of any day.
The app includes extensive capabilities for displaying the data collected in pie charts and line graphs. The color-coded, labeled, daily pie chart divides the day into two phases: passive (doing nothing, sleeping, etc.) and active (walking, exercising, etc.). A second chart displays either minutes for each activity or calories burned during each phase. Rotating the device to landscape orientation displays a color line graph of daily, weekly, or monthly calories burned.
* Detection and analysis of seven different motion patterns: walking, jogging, running, biking, swimming, light work (office), and driving
* Calculation and display of the calorie consumption for each motion, plus total calorie consumption based on weight and age
* Set a personal goal for calorie consumption and view the graphical indicator to see how much has been done
* Charts for the complete day showing all activity, split into active and passive phases
* Charts to inspect activities by duration and by calorie consumption
* Timeline chart showing a complete activity profile of the day, week, or month
* Manual input and edit option for activities
* Integrated database with about 60 of the most common daily activities
* Convenient calendar feature to add and review historical entries
* Add-on available to upload the user's activity data to the Calories 2 sync server and import to Calories 2 software for further processing (in App purchase)
"With Movator every movement counts," stated CEO Daniel Holtwiesche. "Every calorie expended throughout the day is recorded, making it easier to reach your daily goal."
* US English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 4.0 or later
* 2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Movator 1.0.1 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category. Data from Movator may be synced with danholt4mac's Calories 2 and Cal2Go apps, available as an in-app purchase for $0.99. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Herdecke, Germany, danholt4mac is a privately held company founded in 2001 by Daniel Holtwiesche. Leveraging their longtime experience in third party development and localization, danholt Consulting Services is a premier solutions provider utilizing the most modern techniques for the Mac platform. Apple software Localizations offered are for the English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Japanese languages. Other services include graphics and DTP, computer aided design, CD/DVD publishing, productivity and business software. They are a distributor of some well-known software firms. Copyright (C) 2011 danholtformac. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.