June 7, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Itzstedt, Germany - PointWorks is pleased to announce the release of PrimeFiles 1.5.5 for Mac OS X. PrimeFiles lets users easily create collections of their favorite and frequently used applications, files and folders to access them quickly from any application.
Users can launch applications, open documents and browse folders within their collections using either the global menu or just by typing a keyboard shortcut to show the PrimeFiles window. Additional information such as a comment, tags and a rating can be added to any item and zoomable, preview-style thumbnails allow a quick overview of the file content.
PrimeFiles will store a link to each file, therefore the original files are neither rearranged in the Finder nor moved to a proprietary database. This allows users to create collections of items related to a certain task or job whilst keeping the original files at their locations.
* Keep related apps, files and folders in collections for quick access at any time
* Launch applications or open documents in the default application right away
* Zoomable, preview-style thumbnails of movies, photos, documents and more
* Browse added folders with the hierarchical context menu quickly
* Finder like 'Quick Look' window
* Tag your files with keywords, add a ranking or comment
* Search for tagged items using Spotlight
* Added files are still in place and also available and accessible in the Finder
New in 1.5.5:
* Folders can also be browsed using the global menu
* Improved 10.7 compatibility and some minor bug fixes
* Mac OS X Version 10.6 or later
* Intel Mac
Pricing and Availability:
PrimeFiles is priced at $19.95 (USD) and is available on the PointWorks online store. There is a 15-day trial version with full functionality available on the PointWorks web site.
Founded by Wolfgang Weber in 2008, PointWorks Software is located near Hamburg, Germany, and specializes in easy to use, yet powerful Mac OS X applications. Copyright 2008-2011 PointWorks. Apple, the Apple logo, Finder, Spotlight and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.