June 8, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Vail, Colorado - Announcing that On the Spot Development, the developers of Top Pix, has released a new product for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. A launch party gala was held to celebrate the release of Top Pix, which offers a new, exciting concept in a photography based application. Users can browse and vote on photos entered into the weekly recurring contests, or upload pictures to be automatically entered to win a prize. Top Pix is social networking through pictures, allowing users to share their images via Facebook and by email to drum up votes.
On the Spot Development proudly launched their latest product recently, celebrating the new concept of Top Pix with a well-attended party in Colorado.
Top Pix is a photography based application with a social networking twist. Users are able to upload their photos to be automatically entered into a contest for some highly desirable prizes. Winners are determined by the number of votes they get, which can be increased through the use of image sharing with Facebook Connect and by emailing from within the app.
Developers award three prizes per contest week. First, second and third place winners receive items such as Amazon and iTunes gift card. Anyone can browse and enjoy the contest photos for free. Each image has a description, so viewers can learn the back story of each picture and can also 'Favorite' and vote on photos.
These are some of the features users enjoy in Top Pix:
* Really easy to use and participate in
* Every week the top rated picture will win a highly desirable Top Prize
* Second and third-place photos will also win prizes
* View photos by user rankings, Favorites or most recent uploads
* Photos are kept in the gallery for seven days, constantly fresh photos to view
* Share photos on Facebook or by email from within the app
* Upload photos directly from an iDevice
* Take part in the contest judging and vote for favorite photos
* Create a unique Top Pix ID for fast and easy uploads and contest entry
* Photographers can remain anonymous by using nicknames
* Unlimited photo entries and voting
* User descriptions provide a narrative to photos
* Quickly scan multiple photos in thumbnail view
* Contestants must be at least 18 years of age
* Free to browse, share and vote
In order to participate in the weekly contests, users need to take advantage of the paid version of Top Pix, which is only 99 cents. Every time they upload a photo, they are automatically entered and can begin promoting themselves and their work. With the social aspect in Top Pix, this is a pretty easy thing to do.
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* 3.5 MB
Pricing and Availability
Top Pix 1.06 Lite is FREE for viewing and voting; only $0.99 (USD) for the full paid version to upload photos and enter contests. Available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
On the Spot Development is a company devoted to the development of unique, innovative mobile-phone applications. The company consists of several members based in Vail, Colorado and a programming team located in Dallas, Texas. On the Spot Development is committed to providing quality products for users worldwide. Copyright (C) 2011 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.