June 8, 2011 in Sports (E)
[prMac.com] Boca Raton, Florida - Announcing that Sports Data Systems, Inc., the developers of myGolfstats, has released an announcement about myGolfstats 2.0 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. The golf scoring application, which experienced record breaking downloads in April and May this year, provides the same tools used by professional golfers. A rich host of features, along with a USGA handicap offering, are responsible for myGolfstats remaining in the top 10% of all golf apps for several months, where it is holding and steadily continuing to climb.
Since its 1.0 launch, myGolfstats has steadily climbed the charts in the App Store. The application, which went from brand spanking new to hitting the top ten percent in the Golf category at warp speed, saw record breaking numbers in April and May of this year and the trend shows no signs of slowing down.
"We now get about twenty to forty downloads per day, depending on the day," says Bill Helman, co-owner of Sports Data Systems. "The weekends are better of course. During the Masters Golf week, we had over two hundred downloads on that weekend." Helman backs those figures up with Apple Financial reports and expects another spike in business with the US Open in two weeks' time.
The myGolfstats application provides the same tools used by the pros. Users are able to easily record and track golf scores for all members of their group, get tips, find out how far they hit with each club and much more in this easy to use, feature rich product.
One of the most exciting aspects of myGolfstats is an exclusive offer to obtain an official USGA handicap. The application can provide free handicaps for everyone but for a nominal fee, users are able to acquire their own official handicap and see their scores posted on the United States Golf Association website.
All in all, the myGolfstats app is an exciting, fun and easy to use program for those who love to golf. The myriad of functions and features make it pretty simple for even amateurs of the sport to feel professional and improve their game.
This list provides a good sampling of the features offered in myGolfstats:
* Keeps track of golf stats
* No additional downloads or registrations required to track stats
* Includes fairways, GIR, scramble, sand saves, putts, score, handicap and more
* USGA handicap available for a nominal fee
* Post scores on a partner website as a free additional feature
* App is easy-to-use, fast, fun
* Set a goal and compare after each round
* Lets users know how far they hit each club
* Tips section allows players to jot down pointers from a pro
* View the scores of all golfers in a group
* Scorecard is always current and color coded for birdies, eagles, bogies, etc.
* Round summary stats are displayed for easy viewing, just like pros use on TV
* App calculates handicap after 5 rounds and continues updating
* Stats are displayed in graph form
* Score sharing with Facebook and Twitter friends
It's pretty easy to see why myGolfstats has been sitting in the top ten percent of all golf apps, almost since its days of launching. With golf season now in full swing, the application is steadily climbing in download numbers, which naturally will result in a higher ranking. Seems that it will only be a matter of time before Sports Data Systems can report that myGolfstats has moved up to the top five percent of the leaderboard.
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 2.7 MB
Pricing and Availability
myGolfstats 2.0 is only $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Sports Data Systems is dedicated to providing the best stats in a fun fashion for all golfers, so they can improve their game. The myGolfstats app makes practice time more focused on the areas that need work. Golf is a game and Sports Data Systems makes it better and more fun. Copyright (C) 2011 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.