June 16, 2011 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Isle of Skye, Scotland - From the software artisans at A Tasty Pixel comes Loopy 2.0 for iOS, a savvy, sophisticated new iPhone live looping app that combines power with simplicity. A sleek, tactile interface lets anyone create music by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument. A wealth of rich, expressive features let more advanced users take their creativity even further.
"We looked at the current offering of iPhone loopers, and realised there seemed to be apps that were powerful but hard to use, or easy to use but light on features," said A Tasty Pixel founder Michael Tyson. "We designed Loopy 2's interface so it doesn't have to compromise - it's fun, right from the start, but packs a punch for advanced users."
Loopy's unique approach allows it to maintain an easy-to-use, simple-as-pie interface whilst still packing in powerful, industry-standard features. Users familiar with professional studio applications like Ableton Live will not be disappointed by Loopy's feature set, which includes overdubbing, merging, panning, time shifting, and live tempo scaling. A sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy 2's more advanced features at their own pace.
Loopy 2 empowers musicians and casual users alike to:
Record and Layer:
* Six tracks, represented by six beautiful circular loops.
* Count-in and count-out lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
* Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
Import and Construct:
* Import loops (AIFF, WAV, MP3 and more) from your computer.
* Integrated MAPI AudioPaste to bring in audio from other apps.
* Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
Manipulate and Tweak:
* Full stereo audio with pan controls.
* Drag a track onto another track to merge.
* Live, dynamic tempo adjustment, without altering the pitch.
Perform and Share:
* Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities, and upload straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
* Email audio clips.
* Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
Loopy 2 runs on the iPad and iPod touch, but it is not specifically designed for these devices. iPod touch users must use Loopy with a headset, as the iPod touch does not have an inbuilt microphone.
* iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later
* 5.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Loopy 2.0 is offered at a special introductory price of $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
A Tasty Pixel specialises in iPhone and Mac apps with beautiful and functional user interfaces - software that works like an extension of oneself, with the charm and elegance that make it a pleasure to use. A Tasty Pixel is the creative expression of a sole developer and his compulsion to find order in the world - not to put things in boxes, but to shape the boxes around the things. Copyright (C) 2011 A Tasty Pixel. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.