June 16, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Zurich, Switzerland - Raskin, the Finder alternative for the Mac with iOS-like gesture navigation - adds new functionality and features with Version 1.5.
New Features include:
* Light Table View for ad hoc presentations or as a dedicated review space
* Auto-open (eg. Drag and Drop pictures and text straight into a layout document)
* Autofocus while dragging items (improves moving and re-organizing)
* New Focus menu and shortcut menu for a better navigation experience
* Additional personalization options and important performance optimization (lower CPU and RAM usage)
* German Version including full support
Raskin Software LLC, the Swiss start-up behind the application, took inspiration from the book "The Humane Interface", by Macintosh visionary Jef Raskin, which calls for the development of a more intuitive graphic user-interface. Since its release a year ago, Raskin has attracted a loyal following in the Apple community and from Mac users around the world, with over 50,000 downloads. According to Raskin Software Co-founder, Martin Halter, "About 2% of Apple's 50,000 employees are running Raskin."
Pricing and Availability:
Raskin for Mac is available in the Mac App Store or at the Raskin website for $48.99 USD (equivalent amounts in other currencies). Until June 30th, 2011, it's also available as part of a special software bundle, that retails for under $30 (USD). Raskin 1.5 is a free update to existing customers.
Raskin Software LLC, a start-up with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland, released Raskin - the zoomable desktop alternative to Macintosh Finder - in June 2010. Raskin shows the computer's contents (folders, documents and applications) on a single surface, allowing the user to visually find and organize files. Once a document is located, the user can zoom-in to preview the document before opening. To date, Raskin has been downloaded over 50,000 times. Copyright (C) 2011 Raskin Software LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.