June 17, 2011 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Hobart, Australia - Savage Interactive has released the incredible Procreate 1.5 update. Version 1.5 ensures Procreate stays ahead of the competition with over 100 features.
The new HD canvas is bigger than a Bluray movie, and captures an incredible amount of detail and achieves quality like never before on a mobile device. And, of course, artists will still be able to create 16 layers and access 100 redo/undo states! A first in its class.
New features in Procreate 1.5
* High Defintion Canvas (iPad 2 only)
* Export Layered Photoshop files
* GPU accelerated blend modes
* Export PNG files with transparency
* Locks alpha pixels (Can be used as mask)
* Colour favourites swatch
* Comparison colours
* Zoom down to 50%
* Pull canvas edges into centre of screen
* Fit to screen quick gesture
* Actual 1:1 pixel quick gesture
* Tap & hold tools for brush menu
* Automatically switch to Paint when choosing a colour.
* Live preview for brush size & opacity is now accurate (regardless of zoom level)
* Re-designed canvas UI
* Re-designed advanced brush settings UI
* Brush help within advanced brush settings
* Sliders now use pull-away scrubbers (app wide) for more accuracy
* Improved exporting orientation
* Clear/fill layer automatically unhides a hidden layer
* Layer limit message
* Hold paint/smudge/erase to invoke library
* Rebuilt layer system with advanced memory handling
* Removed strobing from brush previews
* Rebuilt brush previews in advanced mode
* Improved brush spacing and plot
* Improved brush hardness
* Brush speed now not effected by zoom level
* Brush speed is now not effected by spacing
* New compositing system for blends
* Added paint loading and wetness in brush settings
* Added grain rotation in brush settings
* Independent tool preference
* Left align precision sliders, preference
* Eyedropper delay preference
* Faster tool switching
* Faster fill tool
* Faster clear layer
* Faster layer preview thumb generation
Procreate 1.5 also introduces two completely new brush characteristics: paint loading and wetness. Load will simulate the amount of paint applied into the virtual brush. Wetness simulates a thinning of the paint, causing the paint to mix and blend together seamlessly. Blurring the lines between digital and traditional mediums, Procreate leads the way as the most advanced painting app made for iPad.
Developed for professional illustrators and amateur artists alike, Procreate uses the advanced Silica(TM) painting engine which has been custom engineered by Si (Savage Interactive) to deliver unparalleled performance and precision on a mobile device.
Blend colours on the iPad like never before. Procreate uses 64-bit colour sampling to mix paint together effortlessly, in a way that's familiar to traditional illustrators. The smudge tool has been finely tuned to react differently by adjusting the precision pressure slider - the more pressure you choose, the more colour will be pushed around.
As a first for a mobile painting app, Procreate is engineered to allow creation of completely new brushes in a few easy steps. Make every brush your own with 16 fully-customisable characteristics, many of which are unique to Procreate. Import anything from your Photos library to create endless effects!
Artists will feel at home with a familiar, extra-large (HSB) colour picker, eyedropper, and a smudge tool that goes beyond its desktop counterparts. On top of all this, you'll find comfort in a layering system that allows up to 16 layers in full high definition, the ability to merge layers up or down, transform, and show/hide. Another feature we're proud to boast about is up to 100 undo or redo states. That's right. 100. Let your imagination go wild, knowing there's always a backup plan.
James Cuda, Founder of Savage Interactive says "We have received serious attention with Procreate 1.02, being recently featured around the world on the App Store as iPad App of the week. All I can say, is that you haven't seen anything until you see v1.5!
Procreate is easy to pick up, and yet has some of the most powerful tools, on any platform. Users will be able to make their own custom brushes from any images from your Photos library-making creative exploration even deeper. And because a brush shape is treated independently from the brush grain, users have more control than ever before."
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 3.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Procreate 1.5 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Based in Hobart, Australia, Savage Interactive (aka Si) is 2 artists, a developer and a finance manager. Si is focused on making high quality software for the iOS platform. Copyright (C) 2011 Savage Interactive. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.