June 21, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - Secure.CC Ltd, a new developer of innovative educational software, has announced the launch of its GeoWiz 2.0 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. GeoWiz, which was developed as a fund-raiser for education and charities, dedicates fifty percent of its selling price to non-profit organizations while encouraging students to learn more about our planet and sharpen their geography skills with quizzes that are interesting, fresh and fun.
A comprehensive World Atlas, GeoQuiz - which clearly demonstrates the potential impact of one good idea (it was originally created as a first grade project) - features an interactive slant that allows users to choose the booster club to receive half of the cost of purchase. After launching the game, users can click on a button and choose a booster club to support. If a desired club is not on the list, users have the option of adding it.
"We thought it was important to make it so that users could actually choose which club to support; that really makes GeoWiz not just a unique educational tool but also a product that can be truly customized to match the ideals and preferences of each user," said Ralf Mandt-Rauch, CEO of Secure.CC Ltd. "It's one thing to allow kids to learn while they have fun - that is our goal with GeoWiz, and the astonishing array of awesome geography games and quizzes on this app shows that - but it's quite another to empower folks with the ability to support a booster club of their choice at no extra cost."
* Memory quiz, ID quiz and Q&A challenge on Continents, Countries, Capitals and Flags
* Three game play modes
* Right answers are shown after every question to maximize learning
* Alphabetical register in addition to an Index by continent for with links to Google Maps
* Handy award system to motivate your little ones
* Points can be turned into cash
* Kids can add images to the photo album for their personalized projects
* Detailed access with the help of Wikipedia, Nat Geo and World Factbook
* Integration of OpenFeint and Game center for exciting and rewarding competitions
* Initiate challenges, chat with friends, check the leaderboards and view your achievements
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 13.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
GeoWiz 2.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Secure.CC Ltd is a software developer specializing in social mission software. Our games are designed to make learning fun while raising money for education and charities. Copyright (C) 2011 Secure.CC Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.