June 26, 2011 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Calgary, Canada - Bulletproof Outlaws, an indie start-up studio documenting the process of developing a videogame from scratch, has teamed up with Ravenous Games, developers of the wildly popular iOS version of League of Evil, to release Elusive Ninja: The Shadowy Thief 2.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch. Elusive Ninja has full-screen visuals, tight controls, catchy music, and comes packed with a ton of behind-the-scenes information about the game's development, starting up a game studio, a Post-Mortem analysis, the original Game Design Document with commentary, and more.
"We're proud to release our first game, and eager to get started on the next," says Bulletproof Outlaws founder Jeff Hangartner, "It's been a long journey, and we've learned a lot about everything from streamlining the game development process to handling the business and financial side of starting a studio up. We've documented every step of the journey and there's over 100 pages of game development information for other developers and gamers curious about what goes into making and releasing a videogame."
Elusive Ninja: The Shadowy Thief features:
* Flashy, fully animated full-screen visuals, with a cinematic anime-style flair
* Over 100 pages of behind-the-scenes Bonus Features for game developers to study and for gamers who are curious about getting into the game industry! Everything from an in-depth Post-Mortem to the original Game Design Document with commentary on how the final game compared to the original design
* Leaderboard support (both OpenFeint and Apple Game Center) so gamers can compete with either the whole world or stick to one-upping their close group of friends
* Achievements (OpenFeint and Apple Game Center) to give gamers extra challenges to shoot for when they've got the basic skills down
* Super tight controls, and a difficulty curve designed to be challenging but not impossibe: the AI gets smarter the longer the gamer lasts, but there are a few strategies to discover and master that'll help gamers survive even the most chaotic situations
* Communicate directly with Elusive Ninja's developers via the in-game contact features: Request features, send ideas for future games/sequels/etc. Bulletproof Outlaws wants to hear what it's fans have to say and wants to know what direction their fans want them to take on future projects
About Ravenous Games
Ravenous Games is an independent game studio focusing on iOS gaming. They specialize in porting Flash titles over to mobile devices. Ravenous Games is responsible for helping define a new baseline for touch screen controls with their hit game League of Evil.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 14.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Elusive Ninja 2.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. For more information about Elusive Ninja, Bulletproof Outlaws, or to schedule an interview with Jeff Hangartner, or to request Promo Codes to review Elusive Ninja, please E-Mail Jeff.
Based in Calgary, Alberta, Bulletproof Outlaws was formed by Jeff Hangartner, formerly known in pixel art communities as Tsugumo, the creator of the first set of pixel art tutorials on the Internet, "So You Want To Be a Pixel Artist?", and the creator of Pixelation, the first pixel art forum. He spent five years in the game industry professionally developing games on everything from mobile phones to the Nintendo Wii. Copyright (C) 2011 Bulletproof Outlaws. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.