June 27, 2011 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Chichester, United Kingdom - CodeStore announces the availability of an updated iOS app template Story Book App v1.2, a quick and easy way to publish a picture book (with optional audio) on the App Store, without the need to learn how to develop an App. The easy to use template loads your pages in JPEG format and even narration or sound in MP3 format, and outputs a native Universal iPad iPhone app or an iPad-only app, ready for the App Store.
The Story Book App project v1.2 has the following features:
* Loads pages from image files, easily add pages to the project, no coding required.
* Simply save your pages as .jpg files and the app will display them in order.
* Supports MP3 audio for narration, background music, or sound effects.
* Supports high-resolution Retina display and full native iPad resolution.
* Swipe between pages, or use on-screen menu to jump between pages.
* Animated page transitions, and app launch animation.
* Supports an unlimited number of pages.
* Example book included.
* Universal (iPad iPhone) or iPad-only. Both versions included.
* Portrait or Landscape option. Both versions included.
CodeStore offers a range of projects for producing Book Apps for iPhone and iPad, the projects on offer allow authors who may not be familiar with coding or software development to easily create an app from their content. The projects are apps that load content in HTML or JPEG format - so no knowledge of the Objective-C programming language is required to create a native iPad and iPhone app using the templates.
The CodeStore templates have opened up the App Store market to a world of authors who had previously got stuck at the hurdle or either learning iOS software development, or paying an expensive price to have an app built for them. Hundreds of projects have been sold, and many of the best creations are showcased on the CodeStore website, along with links to download them from the App Store.
* Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.7 Lion
* Xcode 3.2.6 or 4.0 (Free to registered iOS Developers)
Pricing and Availability:
The Story Book App v1.2 project can be purchased for $29.00 USD. One purchase allows an author to release as many apps as they like. All five CodeStore book projects can be purchased together for just $59.00 USD.
Chris Mayer is an iOS and Mac developer based in Chichester, UK. Chris has developed apps in a number of categories, mostly focusing on games, entertainment titles and books. Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Chris Mayer. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.