September 3, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] New York, NY - JNSoftware is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Dialectic v1.2, a significant update to the popular telephony tool for Mac OS X, now including support for dialing the iPhone. Dialectic provides system-wide dialing of phone numbers using Bluetooth mobile phones, landlines, many VoIP services and more. It integrates with leading contact management applications including Marketcircle Daylite, Microsoft Entourage, Now Contact, Palm Desktop, FileMaker Pro, Panorama and other databases as well as Apple's iCal and Address Book.
In addition to dialing, Dialectic provides a global Address Book menu for quickly accessing - and acting on - all your contact data including email, instant messaging, postal addresses, URLs, notes, and phone numbers. Intuitively create new email messages, look up addresses on a map, copy data to the clipboard or insert it into your current document. It's fast and useful as well as fun and easy.
* Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5 Leopard Compatibility
* Universal Binary
* AppleScript Automation and Extensibility
* Quick & Easy Integration With:
- Address Book
- Marketcircle Daylite
- Microsoft Entourage
- Now Contact
- Palm Desktop
- FileMaker Pro, Panorama and Other Databases
- Launchers such as Butler, LaunchBar, and Quicksilver
* System-Wide Dialing via Contextual Menu or Services Menu
* Voice Activated Dialing
* Incoming Call Detection and Auto Redial on Busy
* Call Timer, Log, Notepad, and While You Were Out Notes
* System-Wide Quick Dial Numbers (Speed Dial)
* Supports Dialing With:
- Bluetooth mobile phones including the iPhone
- Cisco IP Phones
- Ovolab Phlink
- Parliant PhoneValet
- VoIP Softphones: CounterPath softphones, Gizmo, iSoftPhone, JackenIAX, LoudHush, ohphoneX, Skype, WengoPhone, and More.
- Using AppleScript, Dialectic has been extended to dial: Broadview, GrandCentral, OnSIP, pbxnsip, VYKEdirect, and other VoIP services, softphones, and hardware devices
* What's New in v1.2:
- Added support for dialing with the iPhone using the Bluetooth Phone Dial Method
- Added a color setting to the alert window to further customize it to your preference
- Added support for subgroup members in the AB menu group menus
- Improved phone number formatting in the AB menu & lookup results from the Address Book
- Improved incoming call detection to automatically restart monitoring modems that were disconnected and then later reconnected
- Improved reliability of dialing with the Phlink Dial Method
- Updated & Augmented the documentation
- Posted more resources on the resources page including scripts to dial with GrandCentral, RingCentral, Voipfone, and to pause & restore PageSender when dialing
See the product webpage for a complete list of changes included in Dialectic v1.2.
Minimum System Requirements:
* Mac OS X 10.4.9 (Tiger) or higher including Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel-based Macs
Located in New York, NY/USA, JNSoftware, founded by Jonathan Nathan, has been developing software exclusively for Macintosh for over 10 years. Top JNSoftware commercial titles include Jon's Phone Tool, Finder Window Manager, JABMenu, EntourageABMenu, DayliteABMenu, Docktop, and more. JNSoftware also produces many freeware applications including the highly-regarded utility Preferential Treatment. All Material and Software (C) 2008 Jonathan Nathan & JNSoftware. All Rights Reserved. All other products & services mentioned are copyright of their respective owners. No endorsement of or affiliation with any third-party product or service mentioned is implied.