July 5, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - Demansol Software Solutions today is proud to announce the release of award winning board game 'Scotland Yard' designed specifically for iPad. It's a great strategy game that can be as complicated or as simple as the players want it to be. Scotland Yard is a classic hidden-information game. You are either a detective or the elusive Mr. X and will take taxis, buses and train around London. This is a deduction game for the detectives and more a game of strategy for Mr. X.
Play the game and find Mr. X. He may hide in the darkest streets of London, or right in front of you, under your nose! Scotland Yard is a board game in which a team of players, as "police", cooperate to track down a player controlling a "criminal" around a board representing the streets of London. One player controls "Mr. X", a criminal whose location is only revealed periodically, and the other players each control a detective, are always present on the iPad. There is much enjoyment and anxiety playing the elusive Mr. X and trying to escape your pursuers. There is much cooperation and logical deduction in playing the detectives.
* Play game Vs Human or Vs Artificial Intelligence
* Fun for children and for adults as well
* Fantastic game for skill-building in areas of problem solving and interpersonal communication
* Multi-player mode: Play on different devices using Wifi or Bluetooth
* Up to 6 players can play
* It encourages teamwork and is full of suspense
* All in all, this game makes for good fun whether the players are new or devious veterans
Instructions to Play:
Scotland Yard is an enjoyable and simple game wherein one player is hunted and the others hunt. All players start with a number of tickets allowing them a certain number of moves using the following methods:
* Taxis allow the player to move only one space for each ticket used. They can be used to reach any point in London, most of which are not accessible in this game by other means
* Buses are available throughout most of the map, allowing longer-distance travel more quickly if the player is located at a bus-stop
* The subway in this game also allows quick travel between distant points of London. However, stations are far apart so the use of a subway ticket can narrow down the possibilities of Mr. X's location
* Water routes are available, which only Mr. X can use
Tips to play:
* Please read the rules and instructions before starting the game.
* Set brightness of your device to at least 50% to enjoy better view of the game screen.
* Scotland Yard requires a very high level of cooperation among players. Deliberation, strategy, knowledge, creativity, action and a little dose of luck will put Mr. X in his rightful place
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 23.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Scotland Yard 1.0 is On Sale now for $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store under the Games category.
Demansol Software Solutions is a Los Angles based applications Development Company that specializes in entertainment applications for iPhone and Android platforms. It is one of the biggest iPhone game/app development firms and our growth has been great over the past year. We have grown from 3 to 21 iPhone developers and had developed more than 100 applications for App Store out of which many apps have been in top 100 in their categories. Demansol crosses 1 million total downloads of games and apps on App Store and would sincerely like to thank its app users for giving their apps a try and for helping them to reach this astonishing milestone in just one year!! Our goal is to provide user with great games and applications for their entertainment. Copyright (C) 2011 Demansol Software Solutions. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.