July 11, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Redmond, Washington - We deeply regret having to remove KosmicMath - Lite from the public eye, and we hope to re-introduce a new free version of KosmicMath in the future without the use of disputed in-app purchase. The looming dispute over the use of in-app purchases is a game changer for many App developers whom are trying to monetize their work efforts. Fortunately for SlothMedia, since its debut on the iPhone, KosmicMath has been rewritten for the iPad and expanded into a product family consisting of 14 unique paid applications. Available exclusively in the Apple iTunes store, the KosmicMath product suite consists of:
1. KosmicMath Family edition, our cornerstone flagship product supports 5 players and all 5 grade levels, making it the most cost effective way of licensing KosmicMath for the entire family. KosmicMath Family is available in iPhone and IPAD specific versions. ($9.99 educational discounts apply.)
2. KosmicMath Single Player Single Grade editions, (PreK, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th) were added to the KosmicMath product lineup to meet the needs of families with one child or on limited budget. These programs are available in iPhone and IPAD specific versions. ($2.99 educational discounts apply.)
3. KosmicMath Educator edition, was developed specifically for classroom and school usage. The Educator edition is a classroom augmentation tool consisting of handheld / tablet based content delivery and with centralized student management, student scoring and student performance metrics. Operating within the school enterprise, KosmicMath Educator edition displays a list of all classrooms within the school and allows the student to select their classroom and their name to continue their KosmicMath mission or take timed drills from any registered school device (iPad or iPod / iPhone). ($7.99 educational discounts apply.)
On the heals of removing KosmciMath - Lite, SlothMedia is pleased to announce a free upgrade for all products to version 1.5 is available through the iTunes AppStore. This upgrade improves the end user experience through out this release correcting reported bugs and adding features:
* Updated: Improved readability of numbers when they are placed over light backgrounds
* Updated: Mission enrollment can be directly access from the options screen
* Updated: Visual feedback of UI interaction on answer selection
* Updated: Mission enrollment form will remember your email address
* New: End of mission reset to ensure that KosmicMath is ready for next mission - saving your data and clearing all planet flags awarded
KosmicMath captivates children to master their math facts. KosmicMath offers a practice mode (space mission) and a drill mode (pop quiz). In mission mode, players are urged to demonstrate mastery over basic mathematical operations as they travel through the solar system collecting alien trophies and visiting NASA web sites. In Drill mode, players are given a pop quiz which is individually scored, emailed and archived along with the problem set, player answers and statistics about the players responses. Data from mission mode and drill mode is saved for each player, synchronized to other iPhone, iPOD-Touch or iPAD devices and archived into the KosmicMath WEB portal for parent and teacher analysis of player performance.
While already in use within public and private schools, we are committed to making KosmicMath the premier mathematical reinforcement and augmentation tool.
Located in Redmond, Washington, SlothMedia, LLC was established by Jerry Ketterling with the aim to bring excellence to iPhone, iPod and iPad educational software. The company currently offers Family, and School versions on the iTunes AppStore with others in the works. Slothmedia and KosmicMath are definitely on the watch list for premier educational value. Copyright (C) 2010-2011 SlothMedia, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.