July 13, 2011 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Surfside, Florida - iTech Developers today is pleased to introduce 10-in-1 Photo Machine for iOS, their new visualization app that adds one of ten different effects to any frontal photo. The app employs automatic face and/or body recognition to detect face and/or body markers to be used for advanced image processing to simulate 10 different effects such as: Fat Photo, Age Photo, Bald Photo, Young Photo, Diet Photo, Sun Burn Photo, Acne Pimples Photo, Alien Photo, Ginger Photo and/or Fat Body Photo. Photos may be taken from the Gallery or camera, and shared using Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, or SMS. The app includes both automatic and manual controls, and works with any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Menu of Effects:
* Fat Body Photo: add 50-100 pounds (requires frontal, full body photo)
* Age Photo: age any face 20-30 years
* Bald Photo: make any person bald
* Young Photo: take 20-40 years off any face
* Diet Photo: subtract 30-100 pounds from any face
* Sun Burn Photo: see the effects of a sunburn on any face
* Acne Pimples Photo: give anyone a bad case of acne
* Alien Photo: creates huge eyes, a thin nose, and a tiny mouth for the extraterrestrial look
* Ginger Photo: add a youthful innocence with freckles
* Fat Photo: see the face of someone who has gained 50-100 pounds
On launch in portrait orientation, the app opens a scrolling Menu of effects adorned by outrageous cartoon faces that have been rendered bald, sunburned, alien, etc. Selecting any of the 10 photo effects opens the app's built-in photo Library, with before and after pictures beside each other on a vertically scrolling strip. The user can select any photo from the Library, import a picture from the iOS Clipboard, Photo Library, or Camera Roll, or shoot a photo using their device's built-in camera. The app provides very useful screen outlines for lining up a live photo. The shot is easily previewed and can be re-shot if desired. Once the photo has been chosen, the app takes a moment to analyze the face, and displays the photo with white outlines surrounding the eyes, mouth, and chin. If the outlines are accurate, the photographer touches the Continue button, and following an amusing two-second animation the picture is ready. If the outlines are not perfectly placed, the user can perform a manual adjustment with the touch of a finger.
* See what someone would look like if they were freckled, old, bald, etc.
* Hi-tech image processing of actual photos produces realistic results
* Works on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Automatic and manual controls
* Share results from within the app using Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, or SMS
* Processed photos can be saved and processed again, adding a second effect
Whether the subject finds it horrifying or hilarious, 10-in-1 Photo Machine gives pranksters the ability to automatically add the effects of sunburn, age, baldness, etc., to any frontal photo. For best results, the developers recommend the use of good quality photos, taken in close-up, at a full-frontal angle. It is also helpful if the subject's head is not tilted, and they should be smiling. With these conditions met, the automatic facial recognition of the app locates the position and dimensions of the eyes, mouth, and chin. Using these as reference points, the app's image processing function performs the desired alteration. For example, to make a portrait appear as if the person were heavier than they are, the app widens the bridge of the nose, broadens the cheeks, and adds a double chin. Users can create custom effects using the manual controls to move the outlines that act as reference points.
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (built-in camera required for live photos)
* iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.3 tested)
* 96.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
10-in-1 Photo Machine 1.0 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Surfside, Florida, iTech Developers is an app development company with the goal of satisfying the needs of consumers for the following platforms: iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android, Blackberry and more. The company currently has more than 100 iOS apps in the iTunes App Store. Copyright (C) 2011 iTech Developers. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.