July 26, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Sacramento, California - iHomeEducator, Inc. today is delighted to announce the first release of iPlanLessons available as a Universal app for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Over the last two years many teachers and parents who homeschool have approached iHomeEducator, Inc. with the follow request:
"Please develop an app that helps me plan my lessons."
Today homeschool educators and teachers find themselves juggling multiple classes, students, and resources. Record keeping is often neglected and error prone. Different states and schools have different record keeping requirements.
iPlanLessons has been developed to personally aid the family in homeschool planning and we believe this will help other teachers as well.
"Lesson planning can be difficult to keep up with for a mother who is also homeschooling. I'm juggling laundry, cooking, and educating my children. This is why we developed iPlanLessons.", Arlene Lee, Chief Mom of iHomeEducator.
"We plan to use iPlanLessons ourselves and will continue to look for areas of improvement as we school our three children spanning Kindergarten, 2nd grade, and 8th grade", Andy Lee, Chief Innovator of iHomeEducator, Inc.
"I've been exploring iPlanLessons all morning and come to the conclusion that iPlanLessons is genius! This is an exceptional app for organization. I love it!" - Mary Williams Smith, homeschooling four children in Georgia.
The app has a database where lessons are related to resources and classes. Classes are linked to related students. Reports definitions are also stored. The database has been customized to help you plan your students' lessons and track their progress.
Some high-level features include but are not limited to:
* Lesson Definition
* Resource Definition
* Class Definition
* Student Definition
* Report Definition
* Primary Subject selection
* Target Date and Duration
* Related Resources
* Related Class
* Objective Definition
* Priority: High, Medium, and Low
* Status: Pending, Partial, and Done
* Lesson Search, Filter, Email, and iCal Features
Lessons can be flagged with a priority flag of High, Medium, and Low
* Search is available across lesson names
* Filtered searches by priority are available
* Lessons can be assigned a pending, partial, and done status to be filtered
* Lessons can be selectively pushed to iCal with target date, assignments, and lesson notes
* Lessons can be emailed for record keeping, printing, or sent to students as an assignment
* Filtered views of Lessons are available for each class and resource and further filtered by status (i.e.: Pending, Partial, Done, and Not Done)
* Lessons can also be moved to another date with the push of a button (i.e.: incomplete lessons can be moved to the next day)
* Daily, weekly, and 'subject by day' reports can be generated anytime, giving you the flexibility to plan ahead and change the lesson schedule at will
* The 'By Day' and 'By Week' reports show all lessons or a filtered set of lessons by a selected Class
* The Subject by Day report provides a view of subjects (row) for days of the week (columns). The report can also be filtered by class
* Reports can be emailed for record keeping or printed and provided as a student assignment
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal Application
* 5.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iPlanLessons 1.0 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or updates and email us.
iHomeEducator(R), Inc. is a leading publisher of award-winning mobile apps for iOS (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch). The company has over 25 educational apps where four were voted Best Education Math Apps for 2010 by IEAR. Based in El Dorado Hills, California, iHomeEducator, Inc. was founded in November 2009 by Andy and Arlene Lee. Arlene is a California credentialed teacher and Andy has a background in artificial intelligence, robotics, telecommunications, and software product marketing. Together they homeschool three children through a charter school. iHomeEducator(R), Inc. works directly with authors and publishers to create educational apps which make teaching interactive and engaging for students. The company has licensing agreements in place with Knowledge Quest, Inc., Zeezok Publishing, LLC, MathPlus Consultancy, Gravitas Publications, and others are in the works. iHomeEducator(R), Inc. is a member of Moms with Apps. Copyright (C) 2009-2011 iHomeEducator Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.