July 29, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom - "ShotList" the unique mobile app which allows filmmakers of all levels to schedule and track movie and video shoots, gets its first major update on the App Store today, adding many of the most popular features requested by users.
Production stripboard systems have been used for many years to plan professional movie shoots, and ShotList is the first app to bring a standalone stripboard system to Apple's App Store. Shotlist can also be used as a daily "To do" list on larger productions, storing essential notes and storyboards against scene numbers, and tracking progress throughout the day of the shoot by checking off scenes and shots as they are completed.
ShotList enables you to:
* Track and schedule scripted drama, commercial shoots, radio production or videogame motion capture shoots, all on your mobile device
* Add, edit, delete or re-order scenes across multiple shooting days - with instant updating of the total number of script pages to be shot each day
* Update scene status as you shoot, ensuring a vital scene is not missed.
* Hold and view up to 6 storyboard frames per scene, added from the device's photo library or inbuilt camera. Each shot can be marked off as it is completed
* Store notes for each scene, with hotlinks for instant access to web addresses* or speed-dial of included phone numbers.
* Keep everyone informed of the latest changes by emailing out the latest "one-line schedule" at the press of a button*, and backup or exchange updated project files wirelessly with other ShotList users on your team using Dropbox(TM)*
Version 2.0 of ShotList adds new features for faster re-arrangement and duplication of groups of scenes, better ways to view the storyboards for your scene, additional options for defining INT/EXT scenes, Day for Night shooting and greenscreen work, and a number of other fixes and enhancements.
Peter Johnson, Lead developer for Soluble Apps said "Its great to be able to bring this first update to our users so quickly after launch. Ours is the only app on the store to do what it does, and we plan to continue to build ShotList into the indispensable tool for filmmakers of all abilities. We do this by listening carefully to our users and updating regularly to provide the most-wanted features. Almost all of the features added in this update are a direct result of requests from users in the field, and in just over a month since the release of version 1.0 we have already addressed over half of the user feature requests we have received, with more yet to come."
* A data connection is required for these (*) features, but not for scheduling or viewing
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* 5.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ShotList 2.0 is $24.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Soluble Applications is a development studio targeting mobile devices. The studio was founded in Newcastle Upon Tyne in 2010 by Peter Johnson, a seasoned veteran with over 25 years' experience in the videogames industry as programmer, producer and studio head working on console titles for world-leading games publishers including 2K Games, Atari and Ubisoft. Copyright (C) 2011 Soluble Applications. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.