September 22, 2008 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Fremont, CA - .com Solutions Inc. releases updated FmPro Script Diff 1.27 with new Graphical Control Flow feature for FileMaker(R) Pro ScriptMaker(TM) Scripts. FmPro Script Diff's new control flow view includes support for IF/ELSE/END IF/LOOP/END LOOP statements, graphically showing the statements included within each control flow structure.
FileMaker Pro developers can use the graphical control flow feature to instantly see the structure of their code (or someone else's) at a glance. Even with deeply nested code, they can quickly understand the structure. These marked up scripts can easily be printed or copied onto the clipboard as RTF text for pasting into word processing documents. The RTF format preserves the bold, italic, underline and colorized error text of each script.
Changed scripts are compared by FmPro Script Diff on a line-by-line basis and displayed with color coded tags to the left of each modified line. Interline changes are also highlighted to indicate Changed, Added or Deleted text. Each script's XML source can be manually edited or updated via the Search & Replace feature, and pasted back into FileMaker.
Transferring scripts between FileMaker Pro 9 and FmPro Script Diff is accomplished by copying & pasting the scripts via the clipboard. No DDR Export is required. The XML code representing each script is parsed, converted to human-readable text and checked for errors. Each script is stored in an embedded database within FmPro Script Diff. Selected scripts can then be copied back onto the clipboard as XML for pasting back into FileMaker Pro.
FmPro Script Diff improves productivity by helping FileMaker developers answer questions such as:
* What changes have been made to this ScriptMaker script?
* Which scripts have been changed between two database revisions?
* Which scripts were modified on a particular day?
* Which scripts were modified by a specific developer?
* Where is this global variable modified within each script of my solution?
* Is this field used by any script in my solution (before I delete, modify or reuse it)?
* How can I find and change a text string, variable, fieldname or table occurrence within dozens or even hundreds of scripts?
New FmPro Script Diff 1.27 Features Include:
* Graphical Control Flow View of Each Script - The control flow feature processes IF/ELSE/END IF/LOOP/END LOOP statements into a format which graphically shows the statements included within each control flow structure. It is no longer necessary to for developers to print their scripts and mark them up with a ruler, in order to understand and troubleshoot the program flow.
* Script Indenting View - The indenting of the plain text version of each script is based upon the control flow of the script. The plain text indented version of each script retains its formatting and indenting when it is printed or copied to the clipboard as RTF text. This RTF formatted text can be pasted into word processing documents with the formatting intact. This feature can be a time saver for authors writing books or articles who need to copy the formatted ScriptMaker script text into their publications.
* Enhanced Printing of Scripts - The printing of selected scripts has been enhanced to include indented script text, graphical control flow script text, script errors and script XML.
* Enhanced Clipboard Copying of Stylized Script Text - The copying of selected scripts has been enhanced to include indented script text, graphical control flow script text, script errors and script XML. The stylized text is placed onto the clipboard in RTF format in order to retain formatting and colorization when pasting scripts into other applications.
* Check For Updates Menu - Checking for updated versions of FmPro Script Diff as been simplified through the addition of the "Check for Updates..." menu option, which links directly to the product download web page.
* Online Web Help Menu - FmPro Script Diff "How To..." documents are frequently updated on the FmPro Script Diff support web page, now available directly from the Help menu.
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Script Diff is priced at ($100) per developer and includes a copy of FmPro Script Diff for both Mac OS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms. Existing FmPro Script Diff customers may upgrade to FmPro Script Diff 1.27 at no charge. The single-user licensing includes a copy of FmPro Script Diff for both Mac OS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms.
.com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker, Bento, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase and Revolution developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker ScriptMaker scripts, FmPro Layout Diff, compares FileMaker Layouts. FmPro Migrator converts FileMaker databases to and from FileMaker. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.