August 11, 2011 in Social Networking (F)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - Viddy, one of the leading mobile social video iOS-based applications, has announced the launch of version 1.3, ending the app's four-month beta phase. In addition, Viddy has launched as a full-function web presence, where Viddy users can log-in, view videos, comment on Viddy posts, or select Viddy clips to share on social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or via Tumblr.
"Viddy has officially graduated from our beta phase. The app has seen tremendous growth, with over 750,000 registered users in the four months since our initial beta launch - we're incredibly proud of the social community Viddy users have formed," says co-founder JJ Aguhob. "With the launch of version 1.3 and Viddy website, we are leading the market and defining the future of social mobile video."
Notable new features of the Version 1.3 launch include embed codes for Viddy clips; enhanced Facebook and Twitter log-in options; upgraded sharing via customizable messages to accompany Viddy clips uploaded to Facebook and Twitter; and new sharing options - via Tumblr, email or SMS.
* Viddy website - login and access real-time video feed from any computer or device (particularly well-suited to the iPad), share a vanity URL with friends or grab embed codes from favorite videos
* Better Sharing Experience - a simple messaging interface to share clips with friends before and after posting, now via Tumblr, SMS and email, in addition to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Users can also now delete their comments on other users' Viddy clips
* Deeper Facebook Integration- register and login directly through Facebook, customize wall posts, tag friends, and share clips instantly to friends' news feeds and walls, including direct posts of Viddy clips to Facebook Pages (for brands, artists, etc)
* Deeper Twitter Integration - registers and connects through Twitter, customize Twitter messages to accompany a Viddy clip, tag Twitter usernames, and hashtag tweets with the latest trending topics
* Suggested Users - introducing a new page highlighting favorites from the incredibly fresh, talented and creative community of viddy-ographers
* Broadcast through Airplay - share and stream Viddy clips directly from an iPhone and iPad to any room in the house by connecting Apple TV to a television
* Over-the-Air Production Packs - new updates allow for instant delivery of new production packs to your device as soon as released
* We're Big in Japan - the Viddy app is now localized in Japanese, with more worldwide localizations coming soon
* UI Improvements and Bug Fixes - video thumbnails are now chromeless, a "quick share" drop down menu option is added, button sizes increased, a spiffed-up "About Us" page, a redesigned "Settings" page, and integrated a slew of performance updates and bugs fixes
Viddy enables users share key moments in life in a creative way - they can shoot, beautify and share 15-second video clips using visual effect one-click production packages. Users add titles, tags, geo-location and share via the Viddy social network, their own Facebook profile or a tagged friend's feed, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr and across the web via Viddy embed codes.
The creative possibilities are endless - bands source music videos from Viddy followers, athletes offer fitness tips, stylists shoot and edit a clip for a lookbook, friends re-tell a hilarious joke or share "video postcards" from their vacations. Viddy gives users the ability to share these live action moments with their social media audience - from anywhere and in a cinematic, professional looking format.
User PancakeGravy says: "Viddy is part of my daily routine - The variety of people on Viddy keeps me dialed in, I love the music performances, the deep thoughts, the comedy...who needs cable TV? My 4 and 2-year old sons sit with me in the evenings to review the Viddys of the day, it's our new story-time."
Notable current users include celebrities Paris Hilton, Stacy Keibler, Jenna Elfman, Eliza Dushku and Bill Cosby; athletes Warren Sapp, Chad Ochocinco and former Olympic gold medalist ApoloOhno; musicians Snoop Dogg, Panic! At the Disco, Incubus and Plain White T's; and Internet Personalities like iJustine and Bradman TV. Free to download from Apple for iOS devices, Viddy will soon available for Google Android, Blackberry, Microsoft and Windows Mobile devices.
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 4.1 or later
* 6.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Viddy 1.3 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Launched in April 2011, Viddy is a mobile social video application that enables users to shoot, beautify and share 15-second video clips using Adobe and Final Cut style visual effects pre-bundled into one-click production packages, similar to an Instagram filter - for video. Special effects include graphics, color correction and audio tracks. Production pack options include Black & White, Crystal, Hued, Vintage, Junkd and 3D. Users can add titles, tags, and geo-location with Foursquare and share via the Viddy network, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr or a personal website with the new embed codes now available in version 1.3. Soon to launch are further branded artist production packs and filters. Viddy completed an initial $1.6 million first round financing from Battery Ventures, Bessemer Ventures, Qualcomm and Angel investors including Jarl Mohn and early team members from YouTube. Imagined and created in the Matrix building in Venice, California, Viddy was founded by JJ Aguhob and Brett O'Brien. Copyright (C) 2011 Viddy, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.