April 17, 2007 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Built as native Mac OS X software from the ground up, Yummy FTP 1.6 combines all the best features available in other file transfer solutions, and adds a wealth of its own uniquely powerful capabilities, powered with a highly tuned FTP engine. The result is an incredibly fast, flexible and reliable file transfer utility for Mac OS X.
Since its release in 2004, Yummy FTP has gained a reputation for being the fastest, most reliable, and most flexible FTP client available:
"Absolutely amazing FTP client. Fast, reliable and the most capable one I've seen." 11/30/2006 MacUpdate Review/5 Stars
"Easily the best FTP client for the Mac." 5/26/2006 MacUpdate Review/5 Stars
In Version 1.6, Yummy Software continues to raise the bar with an incredibly powerful professional level webmaster’s tool.
1. Recursive Batch Transfers
Transfer of multiple files and folders is much faster than before.
2. Bandwidth Throttling
Bandwidth Throttling allows you to set a limit (in K's) to how much bandwidth will be used for uploads and downloads. This prevents the possibility of too bandwidth being used, and potentially stopping others on the network from browsing or performing other internet related activities.
3. Free FTP Alias
The FTP Alias feature has been reworked to allow Alias' to be fully self contained. An FTP Alias may now be sent to a client and used to upload files without them needing to purchase or even install Yummy FTP.
New Features in Version 1.6:
- Recursive batch transfers and deletions added: turbo-charged transfers.
- Throughput throttle, to control the total bandwidth used while uploading or downloading.
- FTP Aliases no longer require Yummy FTP to be installed: they can now be freely distributed to clients who need a simple to use upload capability.
- For enhanced file management, color labels can now be applied to items on your Mac, as well as on the server.
- New Exclude From Synch/Transfer context menu option added, to allow easy and precise exclusions of any number of server or Mac items from synchronizations and/or transfers.
- Automatic Software Update mechanism added.
- QuickEdit now has options for text encoding, spell checking, font and typography.
- Added support for IBM OS 4690 server.
- Dock menu now lists all Bookmarks, which will be connected to if selected.
- A folder can now have its content size calculated directly from the Get Info window.
- Added an Edit With toolbar menu, allowing any editor to be easily chosen.
Enhancements in Version 1.6:
- AppleScript command for Download now accepts lists of items.
- Progress bars in the Queue are now animated.
- When attempting to open a Bookmarked connection which has the 'Only use one connection' option enabled, an additional connection will not be opened if there is already an open connection to the server. Instead, that connection will be brought to the foreground.
- Growl notifications and completion sounds for batch transfers are now only issued when the entire batch has completed, rather than for each split transfer.
- Improved handling of displayed folders being deleted in another application.
- Synchronization settings are now remembered on a per-Bookmark basis.
- Disk image background now includes installation instructions.
- General performance tweaks.
- Optional Go To and Home toolbar icons have returned, as requested by users.
For a complete list of features, bug fixes, and FAQ, please visit our website.
Yummy FTP is $25 for a single user license. Multi-user discounts are available beginning at ten seats. Site licenses and other discounts are available upon request. A free 30-day, fully-functional trial is available.
Yummy Software is a small independent software company, dedicated to creating the very best Mac OS X software. The company is owned and run by Mac enthusiasts and the developers have worked on commercial products for nearly 16 years. Our dedication to the Mac platform runs deep, and our appreciation for good software is what drives us to release the best utilities around.