August 17, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Wroclaw, Poland - If you shop online, your routine probably looks like this: you type in what you're looking for in your favorite search engine, going through results you open link by link (or use separate tabs for this), skipping between pages and tabs. But you keep forgetting what your first impression of this particular product was. Also, it's hard to compare prices from different shops.
Goodies compares prices from different online retailers. Type what you're after in a single text field, and afterwards visit your favorite shops' pages to decide whether their offers are interesting or not. If an offer is similar to others, add your goodies to the "Compare" tab so that you can review them, side-by-side, with prices, notes and scores.
Organize your goodies - there is always something you need to buy this month, and something that can wait until next month. If you're not sure when you want to make the purchase, you can conveniently store items in the Wish list.
Moving to a new house? A lot of new stuff to buy? This is where projects and tags come to the rescue. Move that gorgeous new sofa to the living room project, don't forget about the bookshelf, and tag each book with an appropriate tag, like "sci-fi".
Note that this is probably not the best application for grocery shopping. You don't often use the Web to do comparison-shopping for the the best carrot in town. :)
* Search across many online retailers in just one step
* Review results from each shop using tabbed browsing (just like in your favorite web browser)
* Add interesting deals to the "Compare" tab, and once you're ready just select the best product from there (having its price, webpage, your own notes and score handy)
* Use any e-commerce site. If it's not in Goodies yet, use the "Your shop" tab and enter the web address of your choice
*Organize your shopping into convenient groups: To buy this month, Scheduled, Wish list and Archive
* Assign products in Scheduled to a month you'd like to make your purchase
* Stay within your Budget. Set up a budget for each month and make sure you're not in the red before you decide to buy something
* Manage your shopping list by organizing it into categories (projects) and tags
* Find your added products easily, even when you have already planned for a few months ahead
* Print your shopping list
* Review each item's webpage (even while offline), thumbnail, price, priority and note
Goodies has direct support for Amazon.com's API (application programming interface).
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Goodies 1.1 for Mac is available exclusively in the Apple Mac App Store, under the Lifestyle category. The special introductory price is $24.99 US (or the equivalent in other currency).
Located in Wroclaw, Poland, Piotr Byzia is an independent software developer. All Material and Software (C) 2011 Piotr Byzia / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.